GBT 3 Guest House
Miiya Hotel(Sihanoukville)
Bao Mai Resort(Sihanoukville)
Crystal Hotel(Sihanoukville)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Again we were taken here by the tuk tuk driver. location of the gh and spacious room for $10 was great. No problems with smells or cockroaches however on our last day the staff had trouble finding our laundry and refused to provide an explanation or an apology. When asked if there was a problem the reply was 'yes', thats it. When laundry was finally found I asked if we could have a discount? 'No', an apology? 'No'. Not a major issue but this kind of service can really ruin an otherwise ok stay and make you wonder why you have spent your hard earned cash in their business when there are more friendly staff in other guesthouses.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have stayed in the g.b.t. hotel 3 times now and the next time I return, it will be the 4th. are very close to the main beach, run a better the average small hotel restaurant and is one of the least expensive of that classification of hotels. Their staff has always been very respectful and friendly during each of my stays. This budget minded hotel is worth staying in.

Room Tip: if you want air/con and or a fan, reserve it. I like that type of room as mine have always faced the Gulf of Thailand and seeing the Gulf from bedroom window for me is a must. Unfortunately the loud music from the neighbouring seaside "board walk". During two of my stays, I took a boat to Monkey Island, and enjoyed my stay there also.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Basically this place is one of 4 GBT guest houses the owner has around Sihanoukville.
A previous reviewer suggested bulldozing the place.....my sentiments exactly.
Unsuspecting tourists without accomodation booked are collected by TukTuk drivers from the bus stop and bought to one of the 4 GBT places. If one is not suitable they are taken to the next one. My driver admitted he got kickbacks from the management of these guesthouses.
Positives, This GBT has a great location 100 metres from the beach. Wifi was fair.
Negatives everything....from the cockroach invested rooms, smells from the bathroom due to poor drainage, lack of security, bed bugs in the mattress of my room....think of the worst hotel/guesthouseyou have stayed at and this place will be a new contender for the title.
With the kickbacks to the tuk tuk drivers the owner/s are making an absolute fortune here. I do not mind if people make decent money from the product they are selling but the product has to be half reasonable. This fails that criteria.
There are at least a dozen guest houses within 150 metres. If you are dropped off here, check out the room then check out one of the other nearby guesthouses or hotels for very similar money....around $15....then make up your own mind.

Room Tip: Just avoid this place, check out nearby options.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 17 days and it was a good choice.
In 30 seconds you're on Serendipity Beach and it's close to lots of restaurants and bars!
We had a nice, big room and it was always clean.
I'd definitely stay here again! :-)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ChrisOwensTrainer
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This joint should be bulldozed into the ground and rebuilt,,, I would not stay there again even if they PAID ME TO STAY... We arrived with a group of 12 at 4pm they showed us to the room which wasn't even make up.. room was full of cockroaches, smelly, we were put into THREE different room during our 4 day stay. The restaurant and staff were average but ok

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple