“Good value - great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of GBT 3 Guest House

GBT 3 Guest House
Ranked #163 of 231 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
“Good value - great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

So many people complaing in other review? I think they crazy ! This is a good hotel, staff can be very shy that's all, I not believe they steal, to scared they lose a precious job! Think many of these problems arise from the ignorant people that start travelling now! Blame everyone but themselves! What they expect , this asia and you pay 15 $ for a room that would cost 70$ in Europe ! Maybe next time the ignorants go back to Benidorm and leave Asia to people who care! Good hotel , great location , little noise from beach bars at night , if this a problem do go Siahanookville ! Thank you GBT 3 x

• Stayed March 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

At the end of the day, we checked out of this hotel after 2 nights and switched to somewhere else. The staff are not friendly. The woman in charge of laundry is a terrible woman who doesn't know what it is to smile. We befriended one of the restaurant staff during our stay, and the inside scoop says they do NOT treat the servers well.

We gave them our laundry, and on top of them delaying our return date twice (leaving us to actually handwash the clothes we had on our backs), they STOLE some clothing. At checkout when we demanded reimbursement, they would neither call the police for us to write a report nor let us leave. When we (two petite women) tried to leave after paying our balance less the cost of one particular clothing item they stole, a group of men surrounded us until we gave them cash.

DO NOT STAY HERE. IT IS A BAD PLACE. THEY STEAL AND THEY THREATEN PEOPLE. THEY HAVE HORRIBLE ETHICS!!

Room Tip: Simple: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kris B

Travelers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I didn't mind the actual a/c room for $18 dollars and I also put up with the fairly loud music coming from Serendipity beach at night as i've heard worse and for a cheap place so close to the action it has to be expected.
What i did have a major problem with was that as we checked out the very unfriendly man on reception came back from checking the room and mumbled something about flip flops. When i asked what he meant he said for me to go back to the room. He told me there had been 2 pairs of flip flops in the room (which had never been the case) and that i must pay for them. After looking him in the eye and asking him ''are you calling me a thief'' and telling him in not the most pleasant way that he could search my bag and that when it then showed that he was in fact the lying little thief we would take it from there he backed off. He even tried to get cleaners to swear there had always been flip flops in the room. I had no problems with the place until then, but now wish i had read these reviews before i went there as it seems a common problem. I hope they get rid of that man as Khmer people are so friendly in general put it looks like the have employed the artful dodger on reception.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Paul M
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

These guys are not friendly, not nice, and will try to get more and more money from you. They aren't honest about prices and fees. There was a broken chair in my room and they made me pay for it even though I didn't break it. They are just out to get every last dollar they can from tourists.

Avoid them. There are several better options all around them for the same prices. I left after a couple days they were so bad and so did other people.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jason S
Ravensburg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

so the GBT has a good location and you have only a four minute walk to the great Serendipity beach I cannot recommend this guesthouse.
The staff especially at the reception is extreme unfriendly. No doubt for me to say, I did not experience such an unfriendly staff in Cambodia (Except may be of Seam Reap).
The reception have been stressed all times, and they do very rarely a smile or and reply to your friendly Hello. They give you no attention, even when you stand a while in front and wait courteously. I would have booked much more trips to islands or anywhere with them, when they would have seen me. any other location: Can I help you Sir? I never experienced it in the GBT.
The woman at the restaurant counter is a grade more in unfriendliness. you bring your laundry. the only thing she says: Laundry and tears you your package out of the hand, do not tell you anything about cost and duration. I have never seen her smiling.
Kingdom of Wonder: not in the GBT.
in Rooms you can hear your neighbour in any, what they are doing. OK, acceptable for that cheap price of seven Dollars, but you will get for the same price better one, guarantee.
Exception is the kitchen. The food is great, the waiters and waitresses are very friendly.
Funny how modern it is: they work with electronic interaction. the restaurant is very big and there are especially in the early morning many Khmer people in there. Try to heave one of this tiny wooden stool, it is massive of heavy wood. I could only with exhaustion.
I hope they will read it and give some efforts to improve.
Have a good trip, Sihanoukville is wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank TravelledSoFar
USA/Cambodia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

I've stayed here at least 10 times. Always clean and the restaurant is surprisingly good for breakfast and also dinner. Nor fancy but tv and a/c work so it's one of the very beat slurs around

• Stayed November 2011
sihanoukville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

I booked into a room with aircon, then went to the beach in the afternoon. After having spent a lovely beach day, and enjoying my evening in a lovely bar, I went back to the hotel around midnight, and there was no remote control for the aircon, and when the guy tried to come and switch it on, he could not and informed me it was broken. The reception is closed at night, so no chance to change the room either. When I informed reception the next morning when I was checking out, they told me it was my fault for not telling them earlier, and refused to refund the difference in money to a fan room (3 dollars). The rooms are dirty, disgusting, the mosquito population is second to none, there is a garbage dump next to the rooms, so rats are everywhere.

Room Tip: Go to a different guesthouse. Anywhere is better than this place.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo