“Avoid GST - They Are Terrible”
Review of GBT 3 Guest House

GBT 3 Guest House
Ranked #166 of 241 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2011

These guys are not friendly, not nice, and will try to get more and more money from you. They aren't honest about prices and fees. There was a broken chair in my room and they made me pay for it even though I didn't break it. They are just out to get every last dollar they can from tourists.

Avoid them. There are several better options all around them for the same prices. I left after a couple days they were so bad and so did other people.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jason S

Reviewed November 28, 2011

so the GBT has a good location and you have only a four minute walk to the great Serendipity beach I cannot recommend this guesthouse.
The staff especially at the reception is extreme unfriendly. No doubt for me to say, I did not experience such an unfriendly staff in Cambodia (Except may be of Seam Reap).
The reception have been stressed all times, and they do very rarely a smile or and reply to your friendly Hello. They give you no attention, even when you stand a while in front and wait courteously. I would have booked much more trips to islands or anywhere with them, when they would have seen me. any other location: Can I help you Sir? I never experienced it in the GBT.
The woman at the restaurant counter is a grade more in unfriendliness. you bring your laundry. the only thing she says: Laundry and tears you your package out of the hand, do not tell you anything about cost and duration. I have never seen her smiling.
Kingdom of Wonder: not in the GBT.
in Rooms you can hear your neighbour in any, what they are doing. OK, acceptable for that cheap price of seven Dollars, but you will get for the same price better one, guarantee.
Exception is the kitchen. The food is great, the waiters and waitresses are very friendly.
Funny how modern it is: they work with electronic interaction. the restaurant is very big and there are especially in the early morning many Khmer people in there. Try to heave one of this tiny wooden stool, it is massive of heavy wood. I could only with exhaustion.
I hope they will read it and give some efforts to improve.
Have a good trip, Sihanoukville is wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TravelledSoFar
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I've stayed here at least 10 times. Always clean and the restaurant is surprisingly good for breakfast and also dinner. Nor fancy but tv and a/c work so it's one of the very beat slurs around

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I booked into a room with aircon, then went to the beach in the afternoon. After having spent a lovely beach day, and enjoying my evening in a lovely bar, I went back to the hotel around midnight, and there was no remote control for the aircon, and when the guy tried to come and switch it on, he could not and informed me it was broken. The reception is closed at night, so no chance to change the room either. When I informed reception the next morning when I was checking out, they told me it was my fault for not telling them earlier, and refused to refund the difference in money to a fan room (3 dollars). The rooms are dirty, disgusting, the mosquito population is second to none, there is a garbage dump next to the rooms, so rats are everywhere.

Room Tip: Go to a different guesthouse. Anywhere is better than this place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank andy h
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Hy every one, and sorry for my english, i'm French.

Well, i just come back from this place, i mean yesterday i was always in, and the first thing i wanted to do after my trip in this place was to write a review about it.My friend and me are so annoyed.

Like one gars says on the review, there are many bad points :
- Mosquito EVERYWHERE (don't let doors, or windows open, and check the bathroom ;)
- You can hear EVERYTHING from the people next door to people outside in the hallway (that's is totally true. Even if it's written on the wall : "please, be quiet". No on care about it, so every morning during the 6 night i spent, i heard lot of noise (but we are young, it can be ok for this matter)
- Take a key for you bag, i know that people who clean our room stole us about 20$, we know it ... we are sur about it so please, be careful every time in any place

I want to finish with the more important for me, i think that people are nice and great like everywhere, i mean service are normal. Food have a good quality/price (1$20 for
pancake while you pay 2$-2$50 in other place, so for the food, i didn't feel any problem.
BUT BUT BUT, the last day, when we wanted to check out, this guest house try to stole us 40$ more because our towel where little bit dirty ( painting of partys ... ) and our sheet also with kind of blood... well, the man came to me and told me, you have to pay ...
i didn't, i cleaned it in 10mn ^^

So to conclude, i hate these people wich for me are not fair and not good.
They always try to take you money and money.
Every one will come to see me about this place will hear from me to go in an other place.

Keep in mind one thing, they're nice with you until the last day
and if you don't want them to still your money, don't tell to anyone the date of your turn back, because when they will make your room for the last time, they will still you something ;)

I hope i helped some people about it, i promess, don't go there ....

I will go back to sihanouk but not in this very very bad guesthouse

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Guijunior
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We arrived with no where to stay and our tuk tuk driver took us to GST guest house and from first view it didn't look too bad!!! We booked into a fan room for one night for $5 which we thought was a total bargain but it was horrific. Ok so i know i only booked a fan room but when we went in there was a crap little fan stuck on the wall which didn't even move to point onto the beds in a resonable size room the fan was like an ant farting on you. 2nd there must have been a mosquito nest inside somewhere because there were hundreds in the room. 3rd you can hear EVERYTHING from the people next door to people outside in the hallway. 4th the staff are horrible and unhelpful, their vocabulary consists of only 'no' (e.g we are dying from the heat in our room so i asked if we could pay extra and move into a a/c room but they said they didn't have any so i asked if i could get a refund and we would stay over the road where they had a/c for one night and then come back the day after and they just said 'no') The funny thing is i would of actually gone back if they had helped me out but they didn't so the next day after the WORST night sleep ever they knocked on the door and asked if i wanted to move into a a/c room i said no, checked out and went and found a really nice little guest house over the road. I have travelled alot and stayed in some crappy places but i would put this at the top of my list.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Whltravel
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We negotiated the Sea View Fan Room to 10$ which was OK but still to much for off season for my feeling. But the room was clean and fine. The guy told me this room is better than a room direct on the beach, which is anyhow only a few meters away. He argueed that closer to the beach its more noisy from the music bars. When it became night, I didn´t found any difference to another kind of noisy. It was noisy from the good loud house music at the loudest beach bar around until late after midnight. So if you want quiteness, this will not be the place. For long night party perfect. At the day a little noise from the construction buildings around. The whole street is in construction at our time in May 2011 with a lot of new hotels which they build up. The area looked a little like ground zero at out time. More houses in construction than any other.

The staff tried to be good and was always around. Most times to close. When we just sit on the restaurant table they came one meter beside you and didn´t leave until you ordered someting or you sent them away. They tried to be good. But it was more nasty. They have been a kind of nervous or over motivated. Motivated in making a good or better cut at all times. Which is absolutely the normal business way. But in the way they did, it came unexperienced and not nice. It was to obviousley and not politeful.

We ordered 3 times the same food which was one of the cheapest. The next day they raised the price of this particular meal. I didn´t appriciate that. Not because of the new price. More because of the obviousley way they did. It seemed for me that they would have raised every meal which we would have choosen from the cheaper ones, to get some more benefit out of us.

The free water with the room, they forget every day. We not more asked for it after the second. But when we came in with drinks we buyed at a near supermarket, it nocked a little later on our door and they asked if we may forget to pay the tea drinks. I responded sorry, we buyed these drinks not here.

Anyhow, the room is good, only loud until morning. The facilitiy is working without problems.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple