Coolabah Hotel
Otres Orchid(Sihanoukville)(Great Value!)
$44
Don Bosco Hotel School(Sihanoukville)
$22
Otres Lodge(Sihanoukville)(Great Value!)
$23
$20
Agoda.com
Beach Club Resort(Sihanoukville)(Great Value!)
$27
Sahaa Beach Resort(Sihanoukville)
$106
$89
Priceline
All reviewsserendipity beachsmall poolnice hotelclean roomscentral locationgreat roomtuk tukphnom penhmain beachhot waterrestaurants and barsbeachesnightlifelaundrykhmerasiaotres
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over for one night in room 30, travelling through to Kho Rong. The problems in room 30 were the ac and the shower. The ac smelled so bad that we had to put it out, afraid we weren't going to wake up the next morning. In the shower the water only ran out very, very slowly.
So all in all, we paid 23$ for a room which wasn't very pleasant, functional or comfy at all. When I informed the owner about these discomforts, a little compensation was to be expected, but no...which would have been a chance to top my satisfaction as a customer and which would have proved a great level of hospitality. Since this all didn't happen, I wouldn't book again here.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This small complex is very close (easy walking distance) to numerous restaurants and just 2 minutes from the beach. Management and staff are friendly and helpful and switched on. Food in the restaurant is good for a reasonable price. I didn't use the small pool (the beach is so close!) but it looked clean and well maintained. I booked through one of the big booking websites and found a great price of a little over US$20 per night. My room had a queen bed plus a single, fan and aircon. Big room for the price and very clean. No big windows or views from my room. It was a little dark inside with cold-tone fluorescent bulbs, so it wasn't a room I would want to spend much daytime in, but why would you when the beach is so close. Reception can help with onward bus bookings etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David_Hindley
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

This was my 4th visit to Sihanoukville in the past 10 months but the first time I've stayed at Coolabah. Although the price point may be slightly higher than some of the other properties in the immediate area, you definitely get value for the extra money

The accompanying restaurant is very good - the menu is quite eclectic. The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. The pool, although small, is a nice place to burn a few calories in the morning or as a wee oasis (with cool/lounge music) during the heat of the day.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. Coolabah are very fortunate to have a Khmer speaking/English manager - Danny. He is very resourceful, friendly and professional - an absolute credit to Coolabah!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank AndrewChoy
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for four nights.The staff are amazing and the management/owners are really helpful.The rooms are comfortable and we wanted for nothing.There is a small pool and as we were leaving a spa was about to open at the hotel.The house wine was the best that we tasted in Cambodia and only 2.5 dollars per glass.The food was really great and we ate quite a lot at the hotel,i know it sounds boring but the beans on toast is amazing !Fresh bread and real butter.
We hired mopeds from a member of staff at a reasonable 6 dollars per day.The laundry is really cheap too.I would definately return to Coolabah if we return to Sihanoukville.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are good but if you can pay for the top priced rooms as they are positioned well and just a little more spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank barclays121budleigh
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have stayed twice in this hotel 2 years apart. Both stays were pretty good but on my last stay here I noted how dated the place was looking.
I paid $35 a night for my stay here in the rainy season,which considering other accommodation around in the same price range or less The Coolabah was not good value for money.
The pool is kept clean but is small. My room was also clean but looking very dated at this price point, staff were excellent and breakfast was also quite reasonable.
The hotel is a 5 minute walk to the beach so it has a reasonable location.
Most people should enjoy their stay here, there's nothing much wrong with the hotel it's just that if you look around nearby you will find better options. I moved to another hotel after one night here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo