“Nice hotel, nice restaurant!”
Review of Coolabah Hotel

Coolabah Hotel
Ranked #18 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Seattle, Washington
“Nice hotel, nice restaurant!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

**Location: I felt that the location was right at the heart of the whole Serendipity Beach area.

**Room: They gave us the first room which was right next to the pool and initially, I was disappointed. However, after staying there It wasn't too bad! No issues with noise because we were gone for most of the day anyway. The only problem I had was one of the nights, I woke up to the sound of someone puking right outside. That was disgusting. The room itself was very clean and very roomy! Not like some of the hotels I stayed at in other cities. My room had what felt like a King plus a Twin. It had a TV, DVD player, mini fridge, safe, and an excellent AC system. The TV had horrible connection though. Most of the time there was static. The bathroom was nice as well.. love the sink. I did not like the shower though because it was much higher than the ground floor so every time you stepped out I was afraid I would slip or fall.

**Food: The food was good, very westernized though. I ate here a few times but tried to eat outside more since I was in Cambodia and wanted to eat authentic Cambodian cuisine. What was confusing was the booking regarding breakfast. It said that breakfast cost $1.75 per person per night. When I asked the waiter what that meant, I was told that breakfast is covered if it is under $3 or $4 (I forget which one). However the breakfast dishes that were that price had barely anything. The one I usually got was about $4-5. I was surprised that they would not just deduct that $3-4 from the breakfast cost... rather you had to pick something $3-4 otherwise you would not get that perk you paid for with your online booking. Really don't understand where the $1.75 came from either...

**Staff: Very friendly and helpful. Great experience with them.

I had a good experience. Would stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Looking for a romantic birthday meal, look no further. Verona, Douglas, Tristan (Chef) and the Coolabah staff made our special day, very special. They all went out of there way to make us welcome, the food was amazing, an amazing seafood platter and the Chocolate desert with a hot twist. Quality, service and price all excellent.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant location. Clean comfortable rooms with safe, TV, fridge, great staff who can book trips, bus tickets etc. The laundry service irons not just washes clothes. Very close to lots of restaurants and the beach. Swimming pool is small but fine for cooling off. There are cheaper places but for $35 per night exc breakfast the quality is worth it.

• Stayed July 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Clean and comfy room with good air con. Hotel is in a great location just a short walk to the beach (past more restaraunts etc). Staff were friendly and helpful with good English skills. Ate once at the restaurant, burgers were decent and staff were kind enough to bring to the room!

I can't think of a better hotel I've stayed at for $35.

• Stayed July 2013
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

2 of us stayed at Coolabah for a night as a stopover in Sihanoukville, on our way to Koh Rong Samloen. The place was perfect for our needs. Clean, tasteful room, and friendly staff who let us store our bags there for the day when we came back from Koh Rong Samloen. They even offered to let us use the pool and relax in the lounge area even though we weren't staying there another night. The customer service is really what made this place stand out.

Nova Scotia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Coolabah Hotel is a short walk from the beach and many restaurants. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. Just outside my room was a nice pool and the hotel restaurant. The food was good and reasonably priced. For breakfast I usually had a cheese and ham omelette, toast and coffee for $3.50 us dollars (be aware of the coffee--it is very strong). As in most of Cambodia US dollars are readily accepted. The staff were exceptional. At one point I needed to print my boarding pass but there was no printer attached to the free computer in the lobby so the attendant invited me to use his hotel computer. I will certainly stay here next time.

Room Tip: I found the ground floor to be very convenient because I don't think there is a lift.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is an amazing place, great location, great food at the restaurant and the staff could not be better. Last trip we enjoyed the Sunday Roast and it was very tasty and an incredible value. The staff does everything in their power to help you enjoy your stay. We will be back!!!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms next to the pool.
1 Thank Bokhoma