“Consistant Quality”

Reef Resort Restaurant
Ranked #162 of 353 Restaurants in Sihanoukville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Reef Resort restaurant serves up international favorites throughout the day from 7am. We are a seafood bar and grill that aims to offer Sihanoukvilles premier dining experience. Our seafood menu includes Grouper, Sea bass, Barracuda, Crabs, Prawns and Scallops. Our Khmer Chef and local team use local and international spices to cook every dish as you like.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Yes, the food here is on the expensive side, but the old adage "you get what you pay for" is very relevant in Cambodia, where quality imported ingredients are expensive and at times, difficult to find. If you want a good steak (Cambodian beef is horrible), you have to go to a place where the meat is imported.

The food at Reef is always good, and is always consistently so. The menu includes a few Tex-Mex dishes and American staples, including steaks, and buffalo wings (currently only on Wednesdays). The sandwich shop out front has fresh cold-cuts like turkey and roast beef with lots of good, fresh toppings to choose from. Again, more than you'd pay for a sandwich at other places in town, but here the meat is plentiful - unlike other places that shove a few slivers of ham or chicken and loads of cucumbers, green tomatoes and wilted lettuce into a rubbery local baguette for a dollar or two less.

I'd also like to combat a negative review by someone who gave Reef a bad rating because they only ate fruit for breakfast and nothing else - how can you rate the place having never eaten the food? Yes, the owner is American, so Mexican and steaks are "what he knows". Duh... I don't know Turkish food at all, so why would I open a Turkish restaurant?

The tequila selection here is good, too - with some top-shelf 100% de agave bottles like Patron, Don Julio and Herradura. If you feel like splurging on a top shelf tequila, they're served in tall, iced shot glasses.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I took my girlfriend here for her birthday dinner, and, as usual, was not disappointed. My girl selected the 350gm rib-eye, with green beans and a trip to the salad bar. The steak was delicious, tender and juicy! Though we had planned on taking the leftovers home, there were none!
I had been eyeing the Baby Back Ribs dinner for some time, and it was a clear winner! Done to perfection, the meat fell off the bone, and with it, came an excellent sauce. A side of home style beans, and creamy potato salad filled my belly, and again, there was no "Take-home"! Kudos to Tim, for providing another great meal.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Mexican and steak ( the owner is American so I suppose that is what he likes )
We ate fruit for breakfast and moved down the road to eat the rest of breakfast.
Te staff don't speak much English and if you want to change any items on the menu ... No chance ... The rest of Cambodia has been a blast the people great and super helpful
Didn't try the Mexican food so can't really comment

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great food , good service , nice wine l
, a real treat . The menu choice was extremely good, and we had a wonderful evening

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have eaten here a number of times, and the food is terrific! Tim, the owner, is an American, and an ex-marine, who is constantly improving the menu, adding new items all the time. Try the burritos, both the chicken and beef are my favorites. The submarines (hoagies, torpedos, etc) are good, stuffed with good meats, cheeses and veggies. I love them all, and so does my wife!

1  Thank madmax888