“Safety, fun and new experiences”
Review of Scuba Nation

Scuba Nation
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Nation is the First PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Diving Centre in Cambodia. We teach from beginner to instructor levels. We are open all year round and run day trips and live-a-boards. We have the highest PADI qualified male and female staff and run our company to the highest international standards.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Scuba Nation is one of the oldest dive excursion agencies in Cambodia. With offices in Phnom Penh as well as Sihanoukville they offer everything a diver could want. They were meticulous in their safety procedures and their dive masters are friendly and always willing to show their guests a good time. We were a complicated booking but they handled it with grace and ease. The liveaboard was cozy, comfortable and the meals on the boat were great. The diving wasn't the best but that was due to the visibility and not the staff or the locations. Got to try a night dive, an underwater propulsion vehicle. Our dive master Alan and the Khmer boat staff were friendly and accommodating. Small group sizes (for us it was only us 4 so we had the whole boat to ourselves).

8  Thank Nick S

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I came from Koh Tao having done a discover scuba dive but discontinued the padi as i was having equalising problems with my left ear.

Scuba nation put me at ease about this, and i was so frustrated that I couldn't complete the padi the week prior that i was adamant on getting this done!

Had a whole day in swimming pool and practiced lots of skills. Really essential for me to get comfortable with equipment, trainer etc before being chucked in the massive sea (just learned how to dive this month).

The overnight stay was lovely although weather quite poor but waking up on a boat watching the sunrise was pretty spectacular and the food on the boat exceeded everyones expectations!

With my trainer Craig, who will possibly be the best diver I'll ever come across(so so experienced), he was quite straight talking but I needed this as I was always a bit too scared.

Rooms for improvement could be better locations (to be honest though we didn't have good weather) and maybe a bit more empathy when I was absolutely [--] myself in the water (again my fault, as who dives if they're scared of the sea?).

Value for money is just low because I initially went to Koh Tao and their value is insane! Haha

Having said that, I feel that my instructor in koh tao was slightly lazy and didnt really try and help with my descending; left ear equalisation problems. Craig on the otherhand, taught me many ways inwhich I could avoid these problems and by the third dive, I could comfortably descend underwater as he was always checking up on me and made sure I leant forward and qualised when necessary not all the time.

Thank you!!!

1  Thank K R
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I have recently spent 10 days in Sihanoukoville, Cambodia diving with Scuba Nation. Everyone in the shop were friendly and helpful. Vicky and Gerard have a great group of staff there. All rental equipment is well maintained and good condition ... this makes it easier for divers not to have to drag their own gear with them (though some will prefer to do so)... shouldn't have to say this but if you are dragging your own gear check ahead if Scuba Nation carry spares for your specific gear that way you can decide to carry spares in case they are needed.
Diving - well i went for a relax and a specialty course - the overnight trips on the expedition boat were comfortable, meals provided were great and all staff on the boat were truly professional. This is not 5 star live aboard but all needs are met and to me it is all about the diving. The visibility varies from location to location but as you travel further out to the outlying islands it was generally 10-15m+ and well above 20+ on a couple of occasions. The staff on board are very familiar with the dive sites and will adjust location to divers abilities. Night dives were excellent, with gentle to mild currents providing some exciting drift diving experiences. Many fish varieties, a turtle, squid, porcupine fish and cuttle fish - and of course the obligatory bat fish which seem to occupy the tropical waters around SE Asia.
The highlight of the trip was on my first overnight trip i got to see one whale shark on the early morning dive - much excitement was had ... followed up by me quickly deciding to do another overnight return trip to Koh Prins island where we experienced another interaction with 3 whale sharks. These were close encounters and it seemed they were as interested in us as we were of them (one photo attached)

Accommodation in Sihankoville varies in price but is as cheap or as luxurious as you like Scuba Nation are happy to provide suggestions for your accommodation needs.

All in all an awesome trip with great people running and operating at Scuba Nation. I really cherish the experience and I for one will return next year for some more excellent diving.

7  Thank MikeMoff1970
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This dive centre has earned its stars -- good equipment and gear, knowledgeable DMs, organised, friendly and helpful; very good value. It was lovely to be on the boat for the day. Did two one-hour dives. Fed great breakfast and simple lunch. Visibility was not great (full moon and corals were spawning), but good enough to spot a few nudibranchs and a blue spotted ray and to see the amazing whip coral 'gardens'. I was lucky to have Maggie, the DM, all to myself; two open water students had their own instructor. I decided to go diving in Sihanoukville on a whim and Scuba Nation accommodated my last-minute decision.

8  Thank Eldene E
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Seven months ago I was travelling through Cambodia and decided to do my PADI open water course in Sihanoukville. Scuba Nation had been recommended to me by a friend and did not disappoint. I signed up for the course in Phnom Pehn, where the delightful Maggie explained what I needed to read and sorted out equipment sizes, so that by the time I got to Sihanoukville two days later, the only thing left was to jump in the pool! Scuba Nation really deliver on personal service- group sizes are kept really small (I had one-on-one instruction) and the staff are incredibly professional and personable.

The overnight boat trip that completes the course was such a memorable experience for me, that when I decided to take the leap and do my Dive Master Training five months (and several dive trips elsewhere in Asia) later, Scuba Nation were my first choice of where to study, again!

I've now spent two months training with Scuba Nation in Sihanoukville and can honestly say that I have been consistently impressed by the knowledge and passion that all their instructors and dive masters display on a daily basis. Training with Scuba Nation means knowing you are being equipped not only with the skills you need to dive, but also with the ability to carry them out to the highest possible standard. Plus, they make you feel like part of the family from day one, whether you are a DMT or just coming along for a couple of fun dives.

To anyone looking for someone to dive with, choose Scuba Nation- you'll have a great time and can dive safe in the knowledge that their staff are professional and beady-eyed (these guys can spot a scorpion fish at ten paces!) and their equipment the best maintained in Sihanoukville. To everyone at Scuba Nation- thanks for everything!

6  Thank Iam_LauraD