“Great Day of Snorkling”
Review of Scuba Nation

Scuba Nation
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Nation is the First PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Diving Centre in Cambodia. We teach from beginner to instructor levels. We are open all year round and run day trips and live-a-boards. We have the highest PADI qualified male and female staff and run our company to the highest international standards.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed November 24, 2012

After talking to some people who had been with the local Cambodians i was hesitant to go at all, reports of bad visibility little coral/fish and heaps of jellie fish. On the way back to my Hotel i saw the PADI center witch was a little more expensive but well worth it. Fantastic coral heaps of tropical fish and great visibility. Only downside was i didn't apply enough sunscreen :P

2  Thank BeauColley
in 4 reviews
"dive school"
"cuttlefish"

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We took a two day fun diving trip with Scuba nation to a couple of diving sites around Koh Rong Samloem. The crew was fantastic! Very friendly, professional and fun. We have open water diving certificates and it was quite som time since our last diving experiences (8 years for me and 11 years for my friend) so our fist dive was a refresher dive, where we practiced diving skills with the dive master. This came free of charge which was a very nice treat and made us feel calm and comfortable in the water. During the following dives a group of 4 fun divers were guided by one dive master and the diving was great! Loads of different fish! The equipment was in really good shape and the serve around the dives were excellent. The live aboard arrangements were simple, but nice. I really recommend Scuba nation.

5  Thank Lindvi
Reviewed October 28, 2012

With only a few days left in Cambodia and still not having gotten out of the city, I really wanted to go on a boat with some snorkeling gear and see some of the islands around the gulf. I went to Scuba Nation and was lucky enough to tag onto an overnight trip with a small group of divers. To be honest, I've been on boats before where I was the only snorkeler and I am used to being brushed aside and sometimes even treated rudely by Dive Masters. As a result, I really didn't have any expectations -- I just wanted to get some sun and water, see a few fish, maybe check out some beaches, and just enjoy my last days in the country...

Can I just say: WOW! Not only were my expectations met, but were completely blown out of the water. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that despite it's understated office front, Scuba Nation is a very, very professional and well-run organization with one of the best dive teams I've ever met -- and that's saying a lot because I've snorkeled in Belize's Blue Hole, Hawaii, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Costa Rica, Bermuda, the Dominican Republic, just to name a few. Everything from the shocking diversity of the underwater life I was able to see (never saw a higher density of beautiful fish, etc. in my life) and the unspoiled beauty of the islands to the accommodations on the boat/timing of the entire trip were all perfectly planned and executed. I realized there is a lot that goes into planning such a trip and they never missed a beat.

Max and Damon were awesome from beginning to end. They were super patient, prepared, and made the trip the best snorkeling experience I have had in my life (and, it was my first overnight). They were constantly conscious of everyone's needs and made sure everyone was comfortable at all times... yet it was clear they were both highly experienced and professional divers who, without a question knew what they were doing and you could see that in their confidence and abilities. More importantly, I was treated with nothing but utmost courtesy and with mutual respect to the divers, which was very nice.

On Scuba Nation overall: these guys hands down run a very, very good (when I say good I mean professional, well-prepared, and most importantly... FUN!) operation and if you are in Sihanoukville and want an incredible experience, whether you're a diver or a snorkeler, I really don't see any other team to do it with than Scuba Nation. I'd do the trip all over again if I could!

5  Thank tricialin
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Smashing! Just finished Scuba Diver training with them and they are simply first class. Communication, equipment, trainers, top notch… most important, they were professional to the core, very considerate, accommodating and patient. The last three qualities are very important when they were dealing with someone who cannot swim or float. Well, I can’t thank them enough for equipping me with the skills that have opened up the entire underwater world for me... for life. Special thanks to Craig, my fabulous dive instructor, who was always smiling, encouraging and by my side.

3  Thank Shonu_Chandra
See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Scuba Nation is a well organised diving outfit. They were in constant touch with me through email and were very helpful and patient during my open water training. Best thing is that they are located in Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. I did some of my theory and pool training in Phnom Penh and rest of the course in Sihanoukville. I did a liveaboard with them and took 4 dives. The time on boat was great fun. I am a vegetarian and this was taken into consideration. The instructors are experienced and know what they are doing. The dive equipment was in good condition and well organised. To sum it up, I had a great time with Scuba Nation!!

3  Thank NikhilNarayan