“Excellent, family run facilities”

Fitness Resort Sihanoukville
More attraction details
Owner description: At 5 minutes from the beaches the FITNESS RESORT SIHANOUKVILLE propose cosy rooms and bungalows set in 2500 m square meter tropical garden -Outdoor Gym, Sport classes, Badminton, Volley Ball,Table Tennis, Mini basket ball field,Garden Restaurant, Bungalows, Children playground, are somes of the facilities offert by the Fitness Resort. Daily access available also for guests who doesn t use the Fitness Resort acccommodations.Daily rate $4 - Complementary towel and 1 free water for a gym.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Leeds, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent, family run facilities”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I used the Fitness Resort for about three months from December 2011 to February 2012, and I really enjoyed my sessions at this gym. I have always used gyms at home (Leeds, England) and I knew for my extended trip this year I wanted to use my additional time to commit to a more serious workout. As ever, I just did my own thing, but on the occasions when I had questions, Pierre was very informative; and certainly from speaking to other users, it was obvious that they all rated his advice. There is a very friendly atmosphere amongst the local (mainly European/ at 09.30am to 11.30am) users which always adds something for me. Yes the equipment is a little dated; but look at the benefits, a gym in an outdoor setting, friendly, informative; and I came home looking far more toned than when I started!!!

1 Thank goasteve

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“There's much better in town, now.”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This gym used to be the only one in town for a while ( the other one available was the-more expensive-fitness center at Sokha 's luxury hotel) but now there's finally plenty of choice. Competition is good because it is an important tool for those running a business, in order to make them understand what the others offer and act consequently to improve their places. I have seen some of the reviews below here and I have to say that some are extremely precise and right. The smartness resides in observing what the other are doing and offer more, cheaper and better options.
Putting all the blame on the locals ( as the manager at Fitness resort likes to do often) does not make any sense at all.

Visited November 2011
14 Thank KILLAZ
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi "..a crumbling empire”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

this place used to be the only affordable and well-managed fitness center in town, I still remember its first location smack downtown in a mosquito-infested rickety Khmer house. Its aerobic dance classes were popular amongst well-to-do-local females. It has toyed with this advantage since last year , when some locals built new gym and sauna places and some young Khmer started to offer public aerobic classes in the town biggest square, the place where the old bus station once was.
Now there are a few more gyms in town and those are also cheaper and better-equipped ( and patronized) than Pierrot's place.
The manager tried to revive his business building some bungalows on its premises( it does not make much sense anyway) after trying also to gain success with a open air restaurant ( it was hit and miss), a massage parlor ( pricey, they were asking 12 dollars/hour or so in a town where you can get a decent massage on your beach sunbed for 4 bucks) and a boxing camp ( with no access to local competitions as the country rule it is that no foreigner can manage a Khmer boxing squad).

No way, Pierrot has two choices in front of him:
1) reduce the prices and/or equip the place with a sauna/steam
2) close the place.

20 Thank Dishonest
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding Service........Professional Advice”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I am a semi-regular visitor to Sihanoukville, who has used the gym over many years. The hours are great 6am in the morning and the staff are hard at work cleaning, I use the gym early and there are a small number of regulars but lots of space and I seldom wait for a machine.
Pierre is great, very professional,friendly and enthusiastic. The outdoor location for me is a plus with a light breeze and surrounded by a pleasant garden.
I think the price is fair for Sihanoukville and the service I have had over the years has been exceptional.

2 Thank Chris H
Budapest, Hungary
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Don’t go there”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

All the gym equipments are badly worn, the atmosphere is awful. The prices are actually cheap but it also means that we got what we paid for. Just want to forget this place!

Visited November 2011