“Not bad but ruined by my purse getting stolen.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mohachai

Mohachai
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Mohachai
Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Sihanoukville
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad but ruined by my purse getting stolen.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

The place is ok in a you get what you pay for kind of way. My purse fell off my chair and was stolen at the bar which ruined it a bit. Worse still there is a Russian girl who sells t-shirts outside the bar with her boyfriend and when he tried to help me when he saw how distressed I was having just realised my purse was gone (along with mobile phone and credit card) she threw a tantrum which involved storming off every time I came near them and shooting me dirty looks every time I came near. I mean really!? By all means stay there but don't speak to her boyfriend or she will go out of her way to make you feel as uncomfortable as possible. Not nice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Trettie

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Arequipa, Peru
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

We were pretty happy with the guesthouse (even if there were two very loud nights due to other guests) until we came back from an island trip and they didn't give us the room for the same price again. It is logic that hotels raise prices during peak season, but we stayed four nights before the island retreat because one of us got sick. After we came back they prefered to wait for other customers because of two dollars. Strange way to deal with (until then) happy clients and tells a lot about the owners main interest.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

This hotel seem to have very conflicting reviews and I have to admit finding it difficult to rate it as well. My parents and I stayed there only two nights and chose this hotel as it was recommended in the Lonely Planet.

We arrived on a festival day and realised that the hotel had hiked their prices by 50%because of that. Unfortunately other (better) hotels were full so we didn't have much choice. We paid $30 for a room with A/C and hot water, mostly clean but unfortunately not very quiet because other people staying there didn't seem to know how to close a door without banging them.
The room was nothing fancy and the bed wasn't very comfy. More importantly, the A/C didn't work due to issue with the power supply. (To be fair, the hotel refunded the A/C costs without any fuss). It seems that the place relies on being in the Lonely Planet but I don't know for how long. I don't understand why they are specifically recommended: they are not bad as such, but you can get much better for the price.
There are some good points though: very good location and helpful people (who booked day trip and buses), there is also wifi available (when it works!) but I still think this place is too expensive for what it is.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Jinhua, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We stayed here 3 years ago in a bungalow and it was nice. But the budget rooms, where we stayed this time, are dirty, loud and somewhat cavelike. They tried to downgrade us and stick us in a room without a real toilet. Then we waited an hour until someone cleaned the right room. The bathroom smelled like a sewer. The place has been redesigned in the last couple years. The restaurant used to seem like a more important part of the guesthouse. Maybe it changed ownership, or maybe the owners got lazy.

• Stayed January 2011
Portsmouth, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

First of all the service was phenomenal, Anna and Sony the receptionists practically babysat me when I was ill, refusing to leave me alone. They are incredibly friendly and honest. The $6 room is basically a bed, a fan, and some water. I recommend it for anyone not caring what they sleep in (like me), but for the average person, they will want the $15 air conditioned, hot water, TV room. The atmosphere at the bar is great, with on demand movies and music videos the perfect hangover cure, and on the tap Angkor beer you can't really go wrong. It's a great hotel to meet people in, and a short stroll along a shabby road to the beach. Would definetely return.

On a side note, the bad reviews I have read, well, It must have changed dramatically since. I know that there was a particularly bad receptionist that was fired a few weeks before I arrived. And I definetely didn't experience extreme uncleanliness the 2 weeks I was there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Brabant, Holland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

I stayed for five days in this nice Guesthouse. I had a good room (not the cheapest!) . Big, good Bathroom and a very big and nice terrace.
The location is perfect: just two minutes walk to the great beach (one of the best in Asia!). And also to the bars, which are located on the beach.
Sihanoukville is great, and when you stay in Mohachai it's even better.
The personal helps you with about everything. I even could get food very late at night. And the food was good (and spicy!). Personal has a good feeling for their guests. I started to love them!
In the evening it's a good place to stay: good drinks, nice and interresting (international) peolple, music and movies or music dvd on big screen.
Also very safe. Every night a securityman on the enterance.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Cambridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

Stayed there for one night and without doubt one of the nastiest, bug ridden, sh$#holes I have ever been at. Millions of mosquitos and a net with more homes than a colander, dirty room, dirty sheets and towels (really really dirty- not been washed in weeks). When I checked out I was told 'oh the price is actually 50% more than what we agreed AND because it is 2 minutes past 12.00 we will charge you for another day!!!', I told them I had been waiting 10 minutes for them to stop chatting to thier friends and check me out, but they said 'rules are rules' , I said I would only pay for 1 night at the original price and that I would not pay for a second day, they threatened to call the police. nasty nasty people, and an even nastier place.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo