“Great experience”

The Dive Shop Cambodia
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Only 5 Star Padi Dive Center in Cambodia that stays open all year round, Oue experienced guides and instructors will show you the best diving in Cambodia
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I did the open water padi course and was pretty nervous beforehand but the people I met on the course were really nice and our instructor Houssine made it very easy and enjoyable. The island itself was absolutely beautiful and the dorm and food provided was good too.
The visibility while diving wasn't great but there was still plenty of coral and fish to see.
All in all it was a great course, I'd definitely recommend it!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were looking for a snorkelling trip away from the masses, therefore, we decided to tag along a diving school instead of the usual snorkelling tours offered at every corner, and it turned out to be a very good decision. The 2 hours snorkelling were excellent, we were the only boat in the area, and on-board we were offered doughnuts, coffee and watermelon for breakfast and vegetarian curry for lunch. The only negative point would be the small boat: the sea was a bit rough on the day and maybe a bigger boat would have been a better choice, but otherwise I would recommend them without a doubt.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I was a solo traveler looking to do my open water dive course. I looked into the courses that all the companies offered and the Dive Shop had the best most affordable course in the Sihanoukville province. Our group was small which made easy to pick up and achieve the skills fast. Houssine was the perfect instructor he made everyone feel really comfortable, whilst providing a fun environment to learn in. Would recommend the course to anyone!

Reviewed January 17, 2014

A friend of mine and myself were on a backpacking trip in Asia for three months this spring. We actually hadn't planned staying in the Shianoukville for more than a couple of days, but we ended up staying for almost two weeks - we absolutely fell in love with the city and all the islands around it. We had planned taking an openwater diver course on our trip and it was kind of spontanous that we ended up at the dive shop - but it ended up being a very good choice!!!
Unfortunately there was a storm coming up on the first day of our course so we couldn't go out to Koh Rong Samluen that day. But that didn't stop our fantastic instructor Aaron. He made an arrangment so we could spend a day in a swimmingpool near Shianoukville, which actually was really nice as the visibility obviously was very good and we felt very safe breeding for the first time under water in a place were it was that shallow. During the rest of our class we went out to Koh Rong Samluem, but had to cross the island (which was practically a 40 min walk in wild rainforest) in order to get over to the Robinson Bungalows, as it was still too windy to get over by boat - but at the end this was also a nice experiance. My friend had her 25th birthday on Koh Rong Samluem and Aaron had arranged a birthdaydinner at the Huba Huba restaurant on the small island, with balloons and music. The diving it self is difficult for me to explain as the storm caused very poor visibility and rough diving conditions, but I've heard this happens seldom and that it should be a very nice place to dive normally. But after getting my divers license and diving several times on the Andaman Islands, in Thailand and now at home in Denmark, I must say that it was nice learning to dive under these conditions, because now a bit of stream and poor visibility doesn't scare me. And once more I have only good things to say about our instructor, he was so helpful, caring and had so much patience with us. I can absolutely reccomend the Dive Shop Cambodia.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on Koh Rong Samleon with the Dive Shop and had a great time. It was a beautiful island with a lovely beach and hardly any people. The restaurant had great food, a little expensive, but lovely service.

The accommodation was very basic, but clean and nice.
The dive gear we used was a little old but worked okay. The boats we went out on were nice, and the lunches we were served were fantastic.

The diving wasn't the best I have done; visibility is very bad, usually 5 m, if you are lucky 7m.
But there are lots of little things to see; never seen so many sea urchins and nudibranch in my life.

We had a great time and would definitely recommend it even if you just want a break from the bustle of South East Asian cities and don't want to dive.