“Great surprise!”

Best Western Kettleman City Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kettleman City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

After a long a if driving we were just happy to get a room...but what a good surprise when we opened the door to see a jacuzzi tub in the room....Room was very clean and the front desk staff were very helpful..

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Karen1616

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My stay in Kettleman City was uneventful. This hotel had everything that I needed but not everything that I wanted. I could have swore that I had asked (in my search criteria) for a hotel with a gym. But when I arrived, no gym. My room was nice with a king-size bed, adequate TV, microwave & refrigerator. I had called the hotel the night before and requested a refrigerator with a freezer section. I was told no problem but when I checked in, again no freezer. I was told I could get one but not until the next day. By then I would have all my stuff unpacked and the refrigerator full with food.

This BW has a small swimming pool and a hot tub and the temp seemed good for both of them. The continental breakfast in the morning was adequate with scrambled eggs and either hash browns or bacon but not both, oatmeal, the normal cereal options, bananas, apples, & oranges.

A lot of construction people stay here and everyone was quite nice. One item of concern was that there are NO grocery stores anywhere in Kettleman City. Your only option is to buy from the stores attached to the gas stations or drive 25-30 miles to another town.

There is a casino about 28 miles from the hotel called Tachi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We usually arrive late on our way from S. CA to N. CA and by purchasing ahead, we were guaranteed our room. When we arrived at 4 a.m. there was a note on the door saying all rooms were sold out. Luckily with our pre-paid room we had a place to sleep. It's the nicest hotel for the price, and is the half-way point from our house to our destination.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My in-laws totaled their car in Kettleman City and the police brought them to the lobby of this hotel until we could come up from San Diego to pick them up. They were bruised and in pain, but since they are Chinese and have very limited English skills, I contacted the front desk from San Diego. We tried to book them a room for a few hours, but the front desk clerk insisted on charging a very high price and made insulting comments about their ethnicity. It is clear she doesn't like Asian people very much. It was highly offensive.
I contacted the Americas Best Value Inn next door and they made immediate arrangements to give them a room to rest at a fair price. In great contrast to the Best Western, this new hotel was kind, caring and affordable.
They probably ought to be sued, but we are just glad to never engage with this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Go to the America's Best Value Inn next door. They are kind and do not discriminate.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just an average hotel. I have stayed in a lot of other Best Westerns that exceed the value and expectations of this hotel. It's just not very many hotels in this area so you dont have much of a choice.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Have stayed in the area many times over the years. This is the cleanest, most comfortable place I've found close to I-5. Front desk staff great, everything in working order, reasonably priced and food spots nearby. Will stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Traveling from LA to San Fran on I-5 is somewhat desolate to say the least, not many choices for hotels or restaurants. This Best Western is just far enough off the interstate to offer a quite night's sleep in a clean and comfy bed. We stopped at two others hotel at previous exits before finding The Best Western at exit 309, our oasis for the night. The pillows are a little overstuffed but we were too tired to really care"

Room Tip: We liked the second floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
#3 of 7 in Coalinga
Laura Lodge
Laura Lodge
#4 of 7 in Coalinga

Been to Best Western Kettleman City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!