Kettleman City is a wide spot in the road but has several lodging and fast food options primarily because of its location, just when you are getting tired of driving, between northern and southern California. The Best Western is a very nice hotel with good amenities.
I had made the reservation for the wrong date and they weren't able to give us a non-smoking room so we opted for the suite. We are glad we did it since it adds room to spread out at a reasonable price - especially with our AAA discount. It is very clean hotel but the suite is a bit dark in the seating area. The bed was VERY comfortable. A great combination of mattress and bedding. The pillows were too thick for my taste and I had some trouble sleeping but my husband slept really well. Having some thick and some thin pillows on the bed would fit more tastes. However, the comfort of the bed was an unexpected treat at this price point and in this location.
The breakfast was very good with properly done scrambled eggs. Some additional fresh fruit options would be welcome. They do offer a newspaper - one of my favorite ways to learn about what is important in an area we are visiting - and that is greatly appreciated.
We appreciated that they welcome pets.
This is a very good value for the money in an area where there are not many options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Kettleman City Inn & Suites! As the halfway point between Sacramento and Los Angeles, our Kettleman City hotel is a favorite for frequent travelers and road trippers. You’ll enjoy easy access to Interstate 5, an electric car charging station and a friendly atmosphere to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There’s RV and truck parking available in a gravel lot, plenty of space for your big rig or camping gear. Whether you’re simply passing through, need an extended stay or on an epic road trip, our property is designed with your comfort in mind. Business travelers especially enjoy the quick commutes our Kettleman City hotel makes possible. Oil and construction workers depend on us to be their home away from home, and our helpful staff is always available to help business travelers with their unique needs. Just because you’re in town for work doesn’t mean you can’t squeeze in some leisure time, too. With so many top destinations nearby, it’s easy to make the most of any trip. Our Kettleman City hotel also features honeymoon suites, hot tub suites and family room suites. Is a romantic getaway in order? How about a little extra space for families on their annual trip? We’re the only in and out hotel within 100 miles, and we are always pet friendly because we understand that your furry friend is a must on some trips. We’re also the only hotel within 60 miles with a pool and hot tub. Nothing’s better after a long day of work or adventure than a rejuvenating soak in a hot tub, as employees of PG&E®, one of our frequent business guests, know. Our property is also close to Avenal and Coalinga State Prison, and we welcome many travelers with business to take care of at these locations. Whether it’s a meeting, event or vacation that brings you to this part of gorgeous California, where you stay can make or break your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Kettleman City Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kettleman City Hotel Kettleman City
- Kettleman City Best Western