“Neat out of the way place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kernville
Falling Waters River Resort
Wellington, New Zealand
“Neat out of the way place”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife and I were wanting to stay at places that were not in the cities during our road-trip around Southern California. In April we virtually had the place to ourselves. Friendly Chuck and his dog were waiting when we arrived with four sets of keys and asked us to look in each room and decide which one took our fancy. Each room has a theme; pirate ship, hunting, (lots ) . We chose #27 right at the end. All done out in victorian style with huge bed that had a step to use to climb up on to it. The room was large and with a kitchen with good facilities. Bathroom and shower were good.
It was very quiet and peaceful with just the river for company, but I could imagine that in the summer season this place would be full of adventureous people and familes taking advantage of the Kern river.
Chuck gave me lots of his time to tell about the history of the area ane was very friendly.
The small town of Kernville was about 10mins away with a few shops and eating places.

Room Tip: The ends one was good.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank denisjoh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Chuck Richards’ Falling Waters River Resort is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a cabin right on the beautiful Kern River! It’s far enough from the road to hear nothing but the lull of the river and was serenely peaceful and quiet in the off-season! We stayed in a lovely Victorian-themed duplex cabin. The staff and service were excellent.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chrisbrennan13
Torrance,California
Reviewed October 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here on Sept 22-24, and loved it. Chuck, Nancy, Michelle, Joyce, and Whisper really made us feel like family. We stayed here many years ago when it was the Lazy River Lodge as well. The resort has had many improvements and we are very impressed! Chuck greeted us personally when we were checking in and during the course of our stay made sure we got the most out of our Kern River experience. He is the best host that we have ever had. The rooms are large, comfortable, and the kitchen really comes in handy, especially if you like to eat your catch. I caught two trout a short walk from our room. We enjoyed lying on our lounge chairs at night looking up at the sky. It really looks different up there away from the light pollution that we have at home. We will definitely be back.
D & S

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank digbass
Colombo
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Wow, I don't recommend staying at the Falling Waters River Resort. My wife and I just returned to the USA from a tour in Sri Lanka and the accomidations in Sri Lanka (which is a "developing country") were better. The decor was straight out of a 1950's movie. I almost asked for my money back but my best friend had made the reservations and paid before I got there. That said, the bed was relatively confortable, the roof didn't leak and the shower provided water. However, I had a constant reminder that a yellow tractor was behind the room because there was no curtain on the back window. I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed and I've been visiting the Kern River for 15+ years.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ETL_24
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I simply love this place. been rafting with Chuck for some 25 years before he bought this place. Since than for the last 7 or 8 years have totally enjoyed the cabins. The staff is wonderful they make you feel right at home as well as our dog (STAR). The river is close so thats makes tubing a great experience. Will continue to enjoy staying there for many years to come.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank drownrat
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed from Dec 30 till Sunday Jan 2nd and took our Black Lab. The staff was absolutely great. Our son and daughter-in-law joined us for the weekend on Friday the 31st. We had a great time and the rooms were clean and well kept. We will be making this a regular. My wife wants to plan 3 more stays this year. I think you better have reservations during the peak season. This place has got to fill up fast.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dorgra
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed December 13, 2010

My son,cat & I have stayed at Falling Waters several times. The staff is warm and friendly. They go out of their way to make sure the guests and their pets are comfortable and have fun. They are knowledgable of lovely places to visit. The pool is a jewel. The woodsy environment for the cabins is charming and relaxing. Each room has it's own decorative theme so it is fun to choose from Victorian, pirate, old Egypt, romantic, Bear Country, etc.

The owner is a well known River Rafting Guide. His stories are delightful of the early days of river running on the Kern if one is lucky enough to be there when he is around.

• Stayed July 2010