The Kern Lodge
Orbitz.com
River View Lodge(Kernville)
$109
  • Free Internet
Barewood Inn & Suites(Wofford Heights)
$102
$54
$75
$50
  • Pool
All reviewsbrewing companymicro breweryplace to staythe staff was friendly and helpfuldeath valleyright next doorcomfortable bedsspent one night herepizza barnbrewery restaurantgrocery storelake isabellanice roomstocked kitchenettelarge bathroomcoffee machineoff season
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My family and I travel to Kernville several times a year. I think we've stayed at almost every place available. A year or so ago, we decided to stop shopping around and stay at the Kern Lodge every visit, because it's really the best. The rooms are well appointed and clean. Patrick and his staff are welcoming and very kind. Our last trip we stayed in the "Big House"...not only is the Kern Lodge the best place to stay in Kernville, but the Big House is the best room in Kernville. It's really a small house. It's nicely decorated and really a home away from home. Can't wait to go back! I'll upload pictures soon!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank bagels98
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Me and my daughter drove into Kernville late at night and could not find an open motel until we stumbled into this gem. From the very friendly owner/staff to the unexpected nice accomodations, we had an awesome stay. Upon check in we picked out 3 DVD's from their library at the front desk which were free. Then we checked into our room which ended up being a house with all of the best features: granite counters, wood and granite floors, a spa shower, lcd tv's in every room (including a 60 inch LCD tv in the living room), comfortable beds, and Wolfgang Puck coffee. The motel is in the middle of town and close to the Kern river so you can walk down to town to eat or over to the river. There is a patio at the place with huge checker and chess boards where the player pieces are approx. 1-2' that is fun and very unique. Plus it had a real nice barbeque area. The cost was very reasonable. I like to travel and have stayed all over California, but I place this fine establishment at the top of my list. I have told all my friends about this place and plan to return soon! Thank you Kern Lodge.

Room Tip: This motel has numerous size units for different size travelers.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I'd stayed in Kernville a few years back and was unimpressed with the motel I'd booked online, so I was cautious, to say the least, when we booked our room at a new location, The Kern Lodge this time around. Our stay at the Kern Lodge was superb!! We went during a slower time of year, and the attention we got from the owner was unexpected and spectacular. The rooms (we stayed in 2 different styles of room) were very clean, spacious, decorated very nicely and we were thrilled. The next morning I sat and drank coffee in a rocking chair out our door then explored the grounds. The pool area was clean, I found super fun life sized chess and checkers boards (we have 2 boys!) that were a big hit, but when I found the BBQ pit area I was dumbfounded! It was grassy, with sitting areas and 2 propane stainless bbq's. I was just so shocked at this wonderful little hideaway and so thankful that we'd found it. The Kern Lodge is a MUST stay in Kernville. We are a family of limited funds. The Kern Lodge was easily within our means. Next time we go visit family in Lake Isabella, we'll be dialing Sue directly to book our stay.

Room Tip: Just call Sue and ask her what would be best for your family.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim W
Reviewed September 28, 2011

A very good place to stay to explore Kern Valley, Sequoia Ntl. Parc and Lake Isabella. Spacious cabin style rooms for a reasonable price. Friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank JeffHager
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Four friends went to Kernville for a mountain bike trip. The room was perfect, complete with full kitchen, seperate beds and a chillout area out back. The place is a short walking distance to almost everything. There's a market or two and the brewery just up the hill; the main part of town is a couple of blocks the other way.

We didn't require much attention, but we got the feeling that if there was any issue, they would have resolved it immediately.

We had a neighbor on our last night who has been coming up to the area for about 20 years and always stays here...that's saying something.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends