“Great burgers with waffle fries” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kern River Brewing Company

Kern River Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Kernville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great burgers with waffle fries”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The beer was excellent, the atmosphere relaxed the the prices very reasonable...what more could anyone want.

Visited August 2013

“It may just be me....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

...but the beer seemed to be trying way too hard. Then I'm not crazy about savory ice cream either. The food was decent: I truly enjoyed the fish tacos. But neither of my friends got their blue cheese burgers the way they ordered them. Had to ask twice for water. We drove up for dinner from the desert and maybe it was the holiday weekend overload. You see the other reviews are highly favorable and I've come to trust my fellow trip advisors--they've steered me right time after time. So it may be I'm out of step when it comes to beer.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Texas
“Unexpected Delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

End of a long day. My lady and I started off in Las Vegas, toured Death Valley and then drove over the Sierra foothills on windy, mountainous county road (much more fun that way), where we got lost once (thank you GM GPS) but got back on track with the friendly help of a general store owner along the way. Headed for Johnsondale as were told would be somewhere to stay - not! Johnsondale appears to be just a private ranch - one of many dots on the map that don't really exist! So, back in the car and off to Kernville to find some food and a bed. Saw the Kern River Brewing Company and stopped in - arrived ten minutes before the kitchen was due to close (this was a Sunday night after all) but the friendly staff accommodated us right away. Had the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had while my lady had a very acceptable chicken salad. The beer was excellent and worth stopping in for by itself. A definite and very welcome surprise.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My husband and son-in-law enjoyed the various beers, and I had a fantastic burger! Service was pleasant and efficient. No michelin stars for this one--just does what it says on the tin!

Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
“A cosy place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The food was good, especially the fish&chips. The IPA bier was excellent. The friendly service and good prices made our dinner very satisfactory.

Visited June 2013