“Best Place in Kern River Valley for Breakfast”
Review of Cheryl's Diner

Cheryl's Diner
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Kernville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Cheryl's has been family-owned forever. There are no corporate bosses or franchisees, just good honest people serving up real food in a great atmosphere. Some friends and I stopped in recently for a Saturday breakfast and had absolutely GREAT meals. Although not on the printed menu, every weekend Cheryl's has fresh strawberry crepes and eggs benedict. I can speak personally to the eggs benedict, and the hollandaise sauce is to die for - I mean really, that's what the eggs benedict is all about. One member of our party had the biscuits and gravy: also great!

If the weather is nice, pick an outside table and watch this sometimes sleepy town wake up. You'll be glad you came.

1  Thank RogerF679

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I had the special - it was good enough we came back for breakfast. Our server was very responsive and quick to bring everything we needed. BTW, try the pancakes.

1  Thank melody2323
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped by for breakfast while in town. The decor was cheerful, the place was busy, the staff was friendly and accommodating. I had the blueberry pancakes with a scrambled egg and bacon. The bacon was especially good. My husband had a ham and cheese omelette and asked if he could get pepper jack cheese. No problem! Seems that this place is a mix of locals and visitors. We would eat here again.

1  Thank CacheOn
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Outdoor seating, great food, even brought a water bowl for the dog. Great service & friendly staff. Busy place so get there early

1  Thank anywherebutvegas
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We were on a tour and stopped here for lunch, it was warm and inviting. The biggest soft drinks, I have ever seen and really really nice hamburgers. Everyone in the diner was helpful, pleasant and it had a nice atmosphere with lots of bibs and bobs around the place to look at. We just really enjoyed our lunch here.

1  Thank Bretvase