“A fabulous place to stay overlooking the beautiful Kern River!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kernville
Maple's McCambridge Lodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Stayed one night on NYE and everything was perfect from check in ... what a friendly staff and we loved our clean room overlooking the river with spectacular views. Our room had a ktichen and the room was very roomy warm and comfty. Only a short walk is nearby grocery, dinning and many local stores to shop. The McCambridge has many walking trails that lead down to the river for your own access and a great gazebo to hang out in as well that overlooks the river. What a great place!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 28, 2010

I resided at the McCambridge Lodge, from January 28, 2010 until mid November, 2010, as my home in Wofford Heights, CA, was flooded with septic(black)water, and was, for obvious reason, unable to continue living in my home.
After staying at three other palces in Kernville...Kern Lodge, Kernville Inn, and another(forgot the name), and being very unhappy with these places(starting Dec.4, 2009), I searched for a more friendly, quiet, personal place to reside, while my insurance co. decided my fate and the fate of my home.
Devastated, at this point, by cold, unfriendly places, I miraculously found The McCambridge Lodge! The owners, Dan and Althea Browne, welcomed me with open arms. Their hospitality, kindness, and genuine understanding of my situation, calmed me down, and made me feel less displaced. I resided in beautiful suite, 11, for almost 10 months, and I became part of their family, because of their kindness and hospitality.
Although, I'm no longer there, in person, my spirit and wonderful memories, will remain through my lifetime! Leaving there, as my claim comes to a close, was like leaving home, again.
The McCambridge Lodge, along with its' owners, is a one of a kind...a pleasure to stay at.
I say this, with all sincerity!
Hoping to return and visit this magical place and its' esquisite owners!
Thank you, Dan and Althea Browne, for making me feel at home!
Christine H.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Quiet, cozy, close to the Kern river, walking distance to everything in town and all at fair price. Our room had it's own kitchen complete with retro table and chairs, silverware/glassware/plates, microwave, stove and refrigerator. The room also includes a TV with cable, air/heat and a great view of the Kern river.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Made reservations in February to stay in June. Tried to confirm reservation a week out from our arrival, and tried all day long, no answer, no machine. When there finally was a machine, it was the automated default, not even identifying where I was calling. Finally got someone the next day, they said they didn't have our reservation. Had to hurry up and book another room with a no cancellation policy/no refund and it was over 200.00 per night. Decided to call McCambridge just to make sure they didn't have us, so we wouldn't get charged for that one, and "Althea" said they did still have our reservation after all! She had been looking at the wrong weekend, was very sorry, and didn't call because she had lost our phone number, blah blah blah. All they would do is reduce the 2nd night by 1/2, which did us no good, since we could not cancel our other reservation. To us, this was HORRIBLE and very unprofessional. What a way to start off our annual family renunion trip! I guess everything happens for a reason after reading some of the other reviews, doesn't sound like we'll be missing much!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank djarrett
Reviewed July 3, 2009

My family usually camps at Fairview campground next to Johnny McNally's but since they went from first come, first serve, to a reservation system, we can no longer visit spur the moment. July 1st I started looking online for lodging on the river for a July 2-5 accomodation. McCambridge had a room with king bed and a kitchen for 99.00 per night. I advised staff that I would be arriving late in the evening and they said that wasn't a problem and they would turn the room air conditioner on for us because it's been 100 degree days this week. Arriving at 11pm, the owner heard us pull in and came to greet us and asked if we needed anything. The room was clean and tidy but the Zenith TV was a little too old to accomodate connecting our DVD player to. The free Cable TV proved to be quite adequate though. I'm typing this review the evening of day two of our stay. During the days we have walked into town to eat and shop, and swam in the lodges pool overlooking the beautiful Kern River. Our first day, the pool needed to be skimmed to remove the leaves but today it was sparkling clean. There is a BBQ area but it's so hot during the days that we haven't used it as of yet. The scenery as soon as you open the curtains or step out the door is wonderful. Is the property freshly painted and in immaculate condition on the outside? No, but what are you here for? Our family comes to admire the Kern Valley.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2009

OK i READ THE REVIEWS, BUT NOTHING COULD BE SO FAR FROM THEN TRUTH.
I checked in at the office and was greeted by Althena the owner, she was booked up for the Kernville Festival that weekend, but offered me the cozy cabin to the side of the lodge for the same rate as the rooms, Very cool. it has the vintage touch but the place was clean and the bathroom looked spacious as with the cute second bedroom for another friend if need be.
The price was lower than all the motels in that area and it was off the road so i did not have to hear every car driving up and down the highway like the other hotels. very secure parking away from the street.
My bed was clean, the bathroom was clean and the toilet was new, the room came with fresh cut flowers every day, a bowl of assorted candy, microwave popcorn and clean microwave. Thats the free stuff , A small refridgirator that kept some beer very cold.
a store right next door well stocked with Deli food hot and cold, the Kernville Brewery was awesome for dinner and a fine ale, one night, Kernville BBQ was another 50 yards away.
All this and more within walking distance from MC CAMBRIDGE LODGE, If your used to the Hilton than go to a Hilton, There your another overpaying piece of meat.*** I was treated with respect and warm hospitality during my stay at MC CAMBRIDGE LODGE.
Any singles or couples would fit right in with this cozy enviroment, if you have kids than take them to a hotel with a fence to keep your kids under control, this Lodge is open to the landscape and foliage to hike and wander with out borders. I was there to raft and riverboard for 4 days, and the Lodge was the retreat I needed when the day was done.
don't believe all the Negative reviews. Althena and Dan were just like FAMILY and any question I had or need was addressed right away. Motorcycle touring riders will like this Lodge for the easy in and out as well as the security of having their bike parked away from criminals on the highway looking for oppurtunity. I met alot of new friends in my 4 days in Kernville and the Lodge owners were 2 of them, I will be back and the
MC CAMBRIDGE LODGE is my home when I'm there. By the way I am 53 years old and have grey hair, Italian back ground dark skin . So race or age is not an issue here at the lodge like some reviews claimed. Give them a try,You will be happy!!!!!!! I was \ @..@ /

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2009

We love staying at the Lodge! We travel with a group every year (sometimes 2 or 3 times a year) and always stay with Dan and Althea. We stumbled upon the Lodge about five years ago when it was recommended by a local resident of Kernville. We would never think about going anywhere else. In 2008 our group numbered 18 and the year before I think we had every room in the lodge except one ( booked six months ahead with that trip). I can tell you that in August 2008 we brought a "new" group of friends consisting of our daughters' college friends and assorted parents for hiking and rafting and sitting out and enjoying the view. (We never come with less than twelve because we always raft and the discounts start on groups of twelve or more.) Our base is always the Lodge and the memories of the river, the barbecues and our weekends there are all treasured. The Lodge is the home of Dan and Althea and we are honored that they have opened it to us.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
River View Lodge
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights
Whispering Pines Lodge
Whispering Pines Lodge
#2 of 3 in Kernville

Been to Maple's McCambridge Lodge? Share your experiences!