“Good Authentic Mexican food”
Review of El Jacalito Mexican Grill - CLOSED

El Jacalito Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We had lunch on the patio, fast service, nice friendly staff, The food was very good, very teasty. I thought it was a little over priced.

There are newer reviews for El Jacalito Mexican Grill

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We go to Kernville a few times a year but in general I stay away from eating Mexican food because I am very picky - I am used to home-made Mexican food. My husband convinced me to try this place for dinner one night and I am so happy I did. The place is nicely decorated, clean with a pleasant atmosphere. The waiter was friendly with good service and helped with menu choices. Apparently all sauces are made/stewed there in the kitchen and they are excellent. I chose a "safe" plate, in other words one that I knew I would like, my husband is more adevnturous, but his was so good we went back the next day for lunch and I ordered that! I have been telling everyone to stop there if in town, and even offended my grandma when I said it was the best Mexican food I've ever had. I stand by that. Try this place.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was pretty gross and the service was really slow. I ordered the fajitas and it was really greasy. I wouldn't eat here again.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I travel ll over the country. Mexican is my favorite kind of food so I know good mexican. This was not it. It was ok, just ok. The salsa was different, but good, but the food very bland and only ok. I had the chicken enchilada and chili rellano. I only ate half of my meal and had the rest for lunch the next day. I never throw out mexican food, but in this case I never finished it (and not because there was too much) and threw the rest out. Not sure what the others ordered who raved about this place but I'd say go somewhere else.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Real value for money and the best Mexican food I ever ate, I wish I lived near enough to get take away. Make the effort to go for lunch