New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Lancaster, California
“Unexpectedly fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We go to Kernville a few times a year but in general I stay away from eating Mexican food because I am very picky - I am used to home-made Mexican food. My husband convinced me to try this place for dinner one night and I am so happy I did. The place is nicely decorated, clean with a pleasant atmosphere. The waiter was friendly with good service and helped with menu choices. Apparently all sauces are made/stewed there in the kitchen and they are excellent. I chose a "safe" plate, in other words one that I knew I would like, my husband is more adevnturous, but his was so good we went back the next day for lunch and I ordered that! I have been telling everyone to stop there if in town, and even offended my grandma when I said it was the best Mexican food I've ever had. I stand by that. Try this place.

• Visited March 2012

Irvine, California
“Not good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was pretty gross and the service was really slow. I ordered the fajitas and it was really greasy. I wouldn't eat here again.

Visited October 2011
Grangeville, Idaho
“Only average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I travel ll over the country. Mexican is my favorite kind of food so I know good mexican. This was not it. It was ok, just ok. The salsa was different, but good, but the food very bland and only ok. I had the chicken enchilada and chili rellano. I only ate half of my meal and had the rest for lunch the next day. I never throw out mexican food, but in this case I never finished it (and not because there was too much) and threw the rest out. Not sure what the others ordered who raved about this place but I'd say go somewhere else.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Real value for money and the best Mexican food I ever ate, I wish I lived near enough to get take away. Make the effort to go for lunch

Visited April 2012
Hesperia, California
“awsome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

we were in town riding our dirt bikes when we came along this wonderfull place for lunch, salsa and chips are awsome, it is some kind of blackened salsa!!!!! MMMMMM
i had taquitos and the pot beans and my friend had the shrimp taco that he raved about, both were great!
it was soo good we came nack the next day for the shrimp taco's again!
if u are in kernville and like mexican food, i would not miss this place, you can sit inside or on the patio with some seats that face the street views!!!

• Visited February 2012