“Dirt bike rider”

Piazza's Pine Cone Inn
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Dirt bike rider”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I spend 3 days in kenrville and the room was very spacious and clean and the price was fair and I will highly recommend it to anyone solo or with family to consider staying at this location my friends had a real good experience at this location and we used the barbecue next to the pool and also they've free coffee.

Room Tip: I was at room number 12.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Altos, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a basic hotel. Not a place where you would expect anything special. My son and I were just spending the night before a rafting trip starting the next day. My expectations for this hotel were low, but there was one item that cause me to write a review. Most rooms appeared to be remodeled, but ours was one of two that were not remodeled (I forget the room numbers). Our room had a sliding glass door that was sufficiently warped that it did not lock. My son and I are large enough that we were not concerned about anyone intruding on us, but leaving anything in an unguarded room was a concern. I also do not think that others would necessarily feel comfortable sleeping in an unlocked room as close to the road as this hotel.

The manager of the hotel was also quite difficult to locate for any help. The front office was not typically staffed.

Room Tip: Ensure that the door to your room is not a sliding glass door.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ChessHiker
Castle Cary, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We only stopped at Kernville because our original route from Yosemite was blocked with snow. Rather than go as far south as Bakersfield we decided to take the scenic route from Delano on the 155 and it was a lovely traffic free route with great views in every direction.Kernville was a convenient stop over en route to Death Valley and what a delightful place it turned out to be.It's obviously a good place for kayaking/rafting/fishing etc as a result there was a lot of choice of cafes and accommodation.As we arrived quite late in the afternoon the choice was actually quite limited and we found the Pine Cone Inn quite by accident..It was just what we wanted-clean,comfortable,spacious and very cheap by comparison to what we had paid at all our other stops.Breakfast was pretty limited but Cheryl's diner was just down the road.Sadly, we didn't have time to try the inviting looking pool.Kernville is a really nice place and I wish we could have explored a bit more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
Sequoia Lodge
#2 of 3 in Kernville
Barewood Inn & Suites
Barewood Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights

Been to Piazza's Pine Cone Inn? Share your experiences!