Rivernook Campground
The Kern Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
$110
Sequoia Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
Kernville Inn(Kernville)(Great Value!)
$107
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdump stationfull hookupshook upsnew managementcamp groundcamping tripgolf cartminute drivethe rivertroutlake isabellapottiesrvsiteraftersfolksdogs
Reviewed November 4, 2011

It seems Eric L. from Redondo Beach needs to stick to a campground more his level.

Perhaps the KOA - Beverly Hills is more to your liking? I'm sure they will even heat up your Toilet seat before using it if his Majesty so pleases?

I've camped there more than a few times over the past 10 years and not once have I seen Diapers on the ground NOR Dog-poop-land-mines scattered around as he suggested.

Sure... there are trailers that have full-timers.... but they are near the front.

The point of going there is to be near the river.... not up front. They are however very clean as I remember.

I don't remember the Bathroom conditions NOR do I recall seeing any "Tweekers". I do think that had the bathrooms been as bad as suggested that I would remember that. (We use our Trailer bathroom for convenience though).

I'm going to chalk his review up to being (possibly) a competitor from "a much better spot downstream".

Look up Yelp reviews to see what people on average really think.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Camper D
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed in a pull thru site toward the end of the camp area. When we pulled a group of deer were walking thru our campsite! The river is within walking distance of the camp area (some camp site are right on the river). They provided us with a cable hook however I couldn't get it to work. The staff wasn't overly friendly but still helpful when needed. The park is occupied by permanently resident as well as vacationers. The weather wasn't too great when we went in April but its awesome in the summer time (very busy, and more of party atmosphere in the summertime). The town is a less than a mile away from this camp area, which is very convenient. Down the rod, less than a mile is a boys detention center , where we often seen the boys working outside (monitored by guard), which creeped me out a little.

Room Tip: campsite a good size, full hook ups available, very scenic, good priced!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very disappointed. I just came home from a trip to Kern with some friends and we stayed at Rivernook campground. It was so bad we stayed only one night and left the next day and found a much better spot downstream. First of all, it is not a campground. They may say it is, but is more of a low class trailer park. They have people living there, and the spots that actually are for camping are more like dusty parking spaces. Pets roam the property unattended looking for food handouts. Overall the cleanliness of the whole place was poor at best. Dog poop litters the grounds like land mines and even dirty diapers were left by the water. The bathrooms were some of the worst I have ever seen or smelled. It really was shocking to see how little management cared for the needs of the campers. Don't even try to go complain about the conditions, we were rudely cussed at by the management who refused to refund any portion of our money. If you like tweeker trailer parks, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends