“Great location, comfy beds, nice TV, good water pressure!”
Review of Kernville Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kernville
Kernville Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Santa Barbara, California
“Great location, comfy beds, nice TV, good water pressure!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I'm giving the Kernville Inn an Excellent (5 dots) but that isn't saying it's a 5-star hotel!! In the past we have camped at Kern but we sold our trailer and needed a reasonable place to stay for the 3 of us (2 adults, 1 child). The Kernville Inn is in a perfect location (and as it turned out was entirely surrounded by the Whiskey Flats Fall Festival which was an unexpected treat!). The room was a good size with a nice large TV hanging on the wall (satellite + HBO included), free WiFi, a refrigerator and a coffee maker (and a microwave down the hall by the lobby which I used!). There were extra pillows and blankets in the room...the heater worked and wasn't too loud.
If I have to find some things that are "warnings" I would say that the shower is TIGHT. I was trying to imagine a plus-size person in there and I think it would be a pretty uncomfortable squeeze. Also, the rooms are non-smoking but there are chairs out front of each unit and the smokers sit outside and smoke and even with the doors and windows closed you do get some smoke inside if there happens to be a chain-smoker next door (as there was).
We'd stay there again without hesitation. Looks like it would be a fun place in summer too!

Room Tip: We had a room along the front just down from the office and I was eyeballing the nice rooms around t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ClawMarks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Arroyo Grande, CA
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent a couple of nights in Kernville as a mid-week getaway and enjoyed our stay. As with other reviews, the location of the inn is awesome situated between the Kern River and the small downtown area. Our room had a nice porch that overlooked the river park area and made for a pleasant afternoon relaxation spot. The room itself was fine, although a bit dated and on the dark side. Our next door neighbor had his TV blaring at 3:00 am, but a couple of whacks on the wall and he turned it down (why do some people in hotels think they are situated in a sound proof vault and no one can hear them?). This was not the inn's fault and only a minor inconvenience. The pool was padlocked so could not verify if it was heated (I presume not since it was closed). Overall a nice spot to stay and made for a relaxing mini-vacation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been to Kernville many times and always thought I would like to stay in the Kernville Inn due to it's nice appearance from the river walk. We did stay there and I was very disappointed. The room was large enough and relatively clean, but the lighting was so dim I could not read. No night table on one side of the king bed, although there is room for one. The table on the other side of the bed was not even Goodwill quality, a leg was leaning precariously and a drawer fell out when I opened it. The desk was scarred and the chairs were a bit past their prime. The towels were small and rough, the sink lacked a stopper, all in all, it was not a great experience. In their favor, the bed was king and extremely comfortable, plus they furnished an extra king size blanket, which we needed. Not management's fault, but one of the smoke alarms started beeping with a dead battery, I was amazed the office didn't have spare batteries. It took the night clerks husband to come take the alarm down so we could sleep. No coffee or breakfast, and quite an expensive stay, but Kernville is a tourist destination, so prices are expected to be high. I'd just like a bit more for my money!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine S
Cathedral City, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Not much has changed at the Kernville Inn since last year - except they have improved the WiFi a lot. The rooms are clean and well maintained. They still use metal keys. The office closes up early - so you need to be sure you don't need anything late in the evening.
Sit on your porch and enjoy the evening.
Just remember that you need to prepay the entire amount and they have a strict cancellation policy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave E
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We enjoyed our 1-night stay at the Kernville Inn. It has a very convenient location across the street from the river and within easy walking distance of Kernville's restaurants and shops. It was a bit pricey given the dated furnishings, but I think they figure you don't have many choices once you've driven all the way there. The rooms are sort of cabin-style, but attached. They're rustic, but comfortable and clean. The grounds are well-maintained and spacious for kids to run around. We'd go back.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have family in the area and like to stay at the Kernville Inn when I'm in the area. The suite we had was large with a full kitchen and and very big outside patio. Its located right next to the city park and the Kern River. Close enough to walk everywhere, this is a nice place that I have enjoyed for years. Cheryl's Diner next door is a local favorite with great breakfast!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 2, 2013

recently stayed at the Kernville Inn 4 nights. Great, clean, quiet rooms. Gorgeous views out the front door. Nice little porch to sit and enjoy all that beauty...very peaceful. I enjoyed a morning walk along the river. There were several people staying that appeared to be regulars so that tells me it's a place people return to.

1 Thank white99boxster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
Sequoia Lodge
#1 of 8 in Kernville
Barewood Inn & Suites
Barewood Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights

Been to Kernville Inn? Share your experiences!