Kernville Inn
The Kern Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
$110
Sequoia Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
$149
$119
River View Lodge(Kernville)
Hotels.com
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewstown squarekern riverwalking distance to everythingpicnic tablesporchmotelshirleygrass
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My 11 yr-old son and I stayed in Room 176, second floor. It had high ceiling, kitchenette, A/C, clean bathroom, towels, kitchen utensils, ref, microwave. Linda and Diane were very nice at check-in and check-out. It was our first time in Kernville. Parking was right below our unit. It is walking distance to all restaurants, sports stores and even Sierra South River Raft pick up across the bridge.

We went river rafting 2x with the Sierra South River Rafting. The guides especially Kurt were just cool and accommodating with all our questions answered. According to them, the winter this year was not good enough to have the river rapids going wild. But my son totally enjoyed it anyway. He can't wait to do it again.

Brandon at the Fly Fish store across Sierra South was so nice to even attach the spinning reel line to the rod we bought in LA before we came up. It was our first time to go fishing. No fish caught but the experience was awesome.

We would stay at Kernville Inn again and definitely go back to Kernville soon to do more stuff. A great weekend getaway. Better than Paris Hotel in Vegas if you ask me.

Room Tip: The upper rooms are better because of the view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KernLADrifter
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This was my first stay at this motel. My room (177) was very small. Two glass doors opened into the bedroom area; the king bed was about 6 feet from the door. Blinds hung over the doors, but anyone could see into the room (and the bed). There were two side tables, a dresser, and a stand for a microwave. There was a small frig. There was NO DESK, so I couldn't work. I didn't even look for computer hookups. There was only one window; it was in the bathroom.

The room had one of those awful room deoderizors in it; I put it outside. The skirt for the bed was a different color scheme than the bedspread. The back of the bedspread had huge yellow stains.

There was no closet! There where 5 hooks behind the door, but clothes hung on these hooks hung over the microwave oven.

There was a small patio enclosed with lattice. It was so noisy outside, though, due to an exhaust fan that was running on the building right in front of our unit.

There was no continental breakfast. There was a small coffee pot in the room.

I will not stay here again.

The person who showed me to my room could have been nicer; she seemed to be in a big hurry.

Room Tip: If you're on business, and don't have to be in Kernville first thing in the morning, I suggest you stay at the Marriott either in Tehachapi or Ridgecrest (both about 1.5 hours away). These are set up for business travelers.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lepha
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Amazing location, amazing little shops and museum. I recommend the sandwiches from the local deli right near this motel. They are to die for! You have to do the white water rafting too with Kern River Rafting so fun and so friendly.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We really liked staying at the Kernville Inn. It is located right across the street from downtown Kernville where you can look in antique shops or get something to eat and on the other side you are just across the street from the Kern River. Room 174 was very clean, spacious and had a comfy king size bed. The only downside to the room was it did not get a lot of natural light during the day, probably due to the overhang on the front patio. But the room had free wifi, a flatscreen tv w/ cable, AC plus a ceiling fan over the bed (which I love). Rm 174 also has a fireplace and a full kitchen, which we found very helpful. We would absolutly stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JandK2003
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel is very conveniently located to the small businesses and restaurants in town. However, we found most establishments close early. The grounds are attractive, rooms furnished rustic but comfortable including a small refrigerator. Nice Adirondack chairs on porch to relax in. We rented 3 rooms for one night only, prior to a 2 day raft trip. Everything was ready when we arrived. Check-in efficient though not really friendly. Did not offer any information about amenities (probably because they only have coffee in the lobby). But they could have volunteered that there is a diner next door available for breakfast and other dining options. They seemed to be most concerned that we move all our vehicles upon check-out - reminded us a couple of times. I suppose a lot of people who go rafting want to leave their cars there when they are on the trip but we had no intention of doing so. All in all it was a decent place and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms we rented all had 2 queen beds. They were quiet, even the one nearest the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family