WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Good value, basic accommodation in a peaceful spot” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Johnny McNally's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kernville
Johnny McNally's Lodge
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Birmingham
“Good value, basic accommodation in a peaceful spot”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

This motel and restaurant is in an out of the way spot (there's no mobile phone or wifi access), but nonetheless seems popular with locals and visitors alike. Our room was good value and of a good size; it was a little bit dated and worn, but perfectly serviceable and included a useful (but noisy) air conditioner.

Our room rate didn't include breakfast (indeed there isn't any on offer), but there are a couple of cafes a short drive down the road in Kernville, which is a nice old-fashioned small town and worth a wander around. The Mcnally's steakhouse restaurant is famous locally for its huge steaks, including a 40oz one and we found the food to be good

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Mattinbrum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shippensburg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is the pits. We are on the road about 150 days a year and this so-called motel is the worst of the worst. No TV, no ice machines although they wll sell you a small bag of ice and a cooler. The beds sag to the floor. The curtains?? are a mess as are the blinds. I cannot recommend highly enough for you to stay away from this motel. I cannot comment on the hamburger stand but it was busy.

Room Tip: Stay anyplace but here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RonShippensburg
Chino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

We camp at Goldledge at least once a year & our 'ritual' has always been to head up to McNally's on our way back home to the I.E. (opposite direction), but it's our treat to ourselves after roughing it for a week!! I personally CRAVE the 'real' iced tea & the hamburgers the entire time I'm camping, but make myself wait for that "special treat". My son & niece love the breakfast sandwich w/ham,bacon, etc. (really good). McNally's doesn't open up very early (I think 10am), but worth the wait, even if your'e early risers like us. They have some shade trees & picnic tables in front of the hamburger stand if you want to eat there. I highly recommend this place to anyone wanting just plain good/simple food. There is also a "mini-market" just south in the same parking lot, which we visit quite frequently during our camping week (ice, waterdogs, ice cream, etc., etc.). Also by McNally's is a foot bridge that crosses the Kern leading to Whiskey Flat trailhead on the other side of the river.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank chinojeano
Stanton, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Been going to McNally's since i was 5 years old, I am now 23. I still get up there at least once a year and cannot stay away from the Hamburger stand. Some of the best burgers I have ever eaten. Love the atmosphere all around McNally's, Great people and great food. The restaurant also has amazing food. I have eaten the 40 oz porterhouse a few times and man is that a big steak. Always cooked to perfection.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joe E
San Diego Mtns.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

My daughter and her now husband had no trouble deciding that this was where they wanted to get married. Son in law had stayed there many times growing up and took my daughter there for getaways. It was a destination wedding since all of us and 95% of the 30 guests live in San Diego county. The accommodations are rustic, no mistake, but it's all clean. No t.v. and no cell phone reception. It was fine with us. We all live in a similar environment. The food was fabulous but not cheap. My husband said he had the best fried chicken he's ever had in his life! The steaks were outstanding and the shrimp wonderful. The owners are warm, welcoming and generous. The rooms and trailers are all no frills but inexpensive. It is a very, very relaxing atmosphere. I highly recommend this place. The hamburger stand onsite is exceptional as well for breakfast and lunch. Appreciate it for what it is; a rustic environment, nature all around, good food, a nice bar too. And pets are more than welcome here.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank bettysketti
Las vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

We thought we had missed it. Listed as in Kernville, McNally's is several miles north of town and worth the drive. The food, steaks,service, location, and atmosphere are wonderful. The lodging is limited, rustic, and quaint. We arrived without a room reservation having only planned on stopping for dinner. After the robust meal sleeping sounded better than driving. Luckily there was room at the inn, the last room. Actually not a room but a retrofitted older style travel trailer with a very comfortable queen size bed. Very clean and cozy for only $60.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank BIGDICEGUY
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2010

My business takes me on the road 95% of the time . ..and when I am in the area of Kernville, my favorite stop for lodging and meals is McNally's . . .The hospitality is A++ . . .the food is absolutely wonderful . . .best steaks you'll ever eat !!! Highly recommend !!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank laron90064
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
Sequoia Lodge
#2 of 3 in Kernville
Barewood Inn & Suites
Barewood Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights

Been to Johnny McNally's Lodge? Share your experiences!