“A Culinary Delight”

Doce Lunas
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

First let me start with this. My wife has bad food allergies, Alex (the owner & Chef) came to our table and sat with my wife and LISTEN to her and was able to give her a beautiful meal! My meal was not too shabby either. Helen (my wife) was made a fantastic filet of fish topped with grilled veggies and Callamari! She was in haven. After eating so much salmon that week I was in the mood for Beef! Alex made me a bone-in New York Strip Steak in a red wine reduction sauce with carrots and mini potatoes served in a cast iron skillet.. WOW, the meat was perfect and the carrots were just out of this world!! We were a party of 7 and we brought our own wine.
One couple was a winery owner from NAPA and she like the rest of us were just in awe in the quality of the food. Doce Lunas staff was friendly and attentive. The place has charm and a real home feel to it. If fir are looking for a chic place this is not for you. Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. well deserved 4 1/2 stars...

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I were staying in Kenwood for some wine tasting and were advised to check this restaurant out. We were not disappointed with both excellent food and service. It was so good we visited twice in our three night stay. The friendly atmosphere created by the staff is a refreshing contrast to some of the pretension you encounter in the valley. We would be back if it wasn't so far away!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Excellent food, great service, reasonable prices, closes early but very kind to those who turn up at the end of service.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Maybe it was just a bad day but my husband and I had lunch here and had a truly awful meal. He had the crab sandwich, which was just bland. I had what was described as fried calamari on Sonoma greens. It was teeny pieces of calamari on some fairly nondescript salad. The salad dressing tasted overly of soy sauce and became too salty toward the end that I had to abandon it. I rarely leave food.
The menu has Asian influences, but the food combinations seem quite odd and sweet chilli sauce is featured in a lot of the dishes.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Totally drove by this restaurant and stopped because of the reviews! Completely delicious home-made foods! We opted to sit outside because of the nice sunny weather but still had that cool breeze. The waitress was a young gal who was very polite and explained the dishes when we had questions. Because of the suggestions, we started our lunch with the vegetable lentil soup (comes with a spicy kick) and hummus. Both very delicious! For entree I opted for a light angel hair pasta with cherry tomatoes and my hubby got the veal cordon bleu. The pasta was not exactly al dente but it was extremely flavorful and delicious.. Comes with a few slices of bread because you can't let the tasty sauce go to waste! The veal was a fairly big meal with sides of zucchini, corn, potato served on an oven dish. You cannot leave without trying the sticky-coffee-toffee-delicious-orgasmic-dessert... ;-) You welcome!