“Beautiful place to visit”

Ledson Winery & Vineyard
Ranked #2 of 5 Tours in Kenwood
Murrieta, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The winery was decorated for Christmas and just beautiful. Next time we will picnic and spend more time enjoying the grounds of this winery. We had an extensive tasting sampling nine different wines. Great friendly staff to educate you about their wines.

Visited December 2013

Columbia, Maryland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Would not go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been to many wineries in the Napa and Sonoma valleys. We selected Ledson because it looked beautiful and told of great picnic opportunities. Our pourer had very little patience for the process and was not giving any warm feelings at all. He couldn’t get to the sale fast enough. We had packed a picnic and our plan was to eat and enjoy the views while drinking our favorite bottle of Ledson wine, following the tasting and touring. There is no tour. We purchased our bottle, received PLASTIC glasses to use outside, and we were told no outside food allowed in their picnic areas. The house and property are beautiful, but next time I will go someplace that cares about my experience with my visit and their wines.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank findjul
LedsonWineryHotel, Owner at Ledson Winery & Vineyard, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I want to personally apologize for the bad experience you had at Ledson Winery. There is no excuse for anyone EVER leaving the winery feeling as if they were not treated like royalty. Our goal is offering extraordinary hospitality, nothing less. We obviously did not succeed in your case. Is there something we can do to have you give us another chance? It would be our pleasure to offer you a complimentary reserve tasting with one of our wine consultants. Please contact tastings@ledson.com or call us at (707) 537-3823 to schedule the reserve tasting. Once again, I apologize and can assure you we take your comments to heart and want to resolve this. – Steve Ledson, Owner and Winemaker
Boynton Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Favorite winery of our 4 day sonoma/napa trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Seeing the grounds and house/castle from the road you know you are in for something special. The entrance is perfect for pictures. We had Tom give us our tasting and he was amazing! So energetic, funny and knowledgable. We are still laughing about some of the analogies he used about the wine. Out of the 20 wineries we visited, Ledson had our favorite wine. There wasn't a single one we tasted that we didn't like. I will be recommending this place to everyone I know that plans a trip.

Huntingtown, Maryland
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“40 wines open for tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

The castle is impressive. We enjoyed the picnic tables with sandwiches and pasta salad from the market. It was a little bit bigger winery than we had be going to on our trip - but still good. All wines sold thought the wine club or the tasting room. No distribution. That is the way to shop wineries in Sonoma. Great views and pic ops. Most go and see and taste.

Visited November 2013
Edmonton Alberta
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“The only winery we visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

So here is my problem. I am cheap. My wife doesn't drink wine and I don't have the desire to sample all these different wines but want to partake in the experience. Most wineries seem to charge $15-$30 per person for tasting. As we drove near Kenwood this castle/mansion caught our eye and we pulled into Ledson Winery. I don't know if all wineries are like this but I doubt it. We skipped the tasting room and went to the Deli and ordered 2 delicious sandwiches and selected a discounted bottle of Malbec for $12 and enjoyed our impromptu picnic on their beautiful grounds overlooking the vineyard. We corked the remainder of the bottle and enjoyed it later in the day. I realize this is not what real wine tasting is about but what a nice option for folks like us!

Visited October 2013