“Excellent wine guide.” 4 of 5 bubbles

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Excellent wine guide.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name, but we thoroughly enjoyed our guide who walked us through our wine tasting. We ended up buying a bottle of the Petite Sirah. Nice building...worth a look.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Super Elegant Wine Club Private Room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

The winery had a nice building with beautiful garden. The staffs were helpful and friendly. Since it was early morning, he let me to check out their wine club private rooms. Wow! It was one of the most elegant wine tasting rooms I ever seen. Even the snack looked great! Checked out my photo.

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very poor, salesy service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the second time visiting Ledson, however, the first time we didn't have time to taste wine, so we just looked around at the grounds and took some pictures. Seeing as though we missed it last time, my husband and I thought we'd stop in to try their wines. As soon as we opened the front door, we were accosted by a greater, telling us about the winery and where the tasting rooms were. Not that we didn't appreciate the greeter, but she literally jumped on us as soon as the door was cracked, which just made us feel uncomfortable.

As we moved into the tasting room, we were somewhat greeted by a young pourer, who seemed appalled that we would want to share a tasting of 9 wines. We've visited several tasting rooms in the Sonoma/Napa area, and sharing a tasting has never been an issue. Seeing as though we knew we'd taste more throughout the day, we thought this was the best option. She obliged, though you could tell from her demeanor that she wasn't happy about it. While we tasted the wine, she was pushing the wine club to two women next to us, while seemingly forcibly talking with us. She never once asked about us (we were in town for our wedding) or what types of wines we like, just flew through the pours, talking about herself, gossiping about peoples preferences for dogs, and of course, trying to sell the wine. After one of the pours, she asked what my husband didn't like about the wine, and he responded with, "it was thick?" My husband doesn't know a lot of fancy wine terms. He has a few favorites, but I always tell him there's no right or wrong. Apparently his personal description of the wine was wrong in the eyes of our pourer. She just looked at him, disgusted, and said, "well, we're getting into heavier wines." Nothing like making people feel like idiots.

This place is clearly all about sales. As a new couple walked up next to us, the other pourer asked ours if she was up, to which she answered, "nope, it's you." I'm not sure if they're on some sort of commission system, but it was apparent while we were there that the most important thing was to sell. We even had to be walked up to the counter in the market with a sheet with the girl's name on it, I suppose so she could get credit. To top it all off, when I paid the $20 for our shared tasting with my credit card, the receipt comes back with a tip line. I'm not at all opposed to giving tips, but at every place I've been in this area, tips are generally only given to those who go above and beyond, not just expected like they are servers or bartenders. If I felt inclined to tip, I would leave cash. The fact that there was a tip line on the tasting receipt really put the nail in the coffin to this place. Beautiful grounds, but awful, pushy, salesy service. We will not be returning on our next visit.

Visited August 2013
Minnesota
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“My wife wanted a winery with a beautiful castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We toured 7 wineries in one day. My wife wanted a winery with a castle type setting and this was recommended by a staff member at Copola's. She thought the building was amazing. Extensive wine sample listing. We tried 9. Bought a couple of bottles of 2 we really liked and had one on the beach for a sunset picnic that night. Maybe the best wine I have ever tasted. Grounds/gardens are beautiful. We wanted to see a variety of wineries and producers and this one fit the list.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank pbirdie3
Bloomington, Indiana
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A very fun wine tasting experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

On my first trip to the Sonoma area recently Ledson was one of the wineries that came recommended to us mostly for the beautiful facility. But it was the service and the wines that made the biggest impression, not that the place isn’t lovely too! Our wine server, Tom, was just delightful and it was obvious that he was a person who truly enjoys his job. We had an amazing time and would go back next time we are in the area. Thanks Tom and Jalapeño!

Visited July 2013