“A New Look & Menu Under New Owners”
Review of The Kenwood Restaurant - CLOSED

The Kenwood Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The best of local fishermen, farmers and ranchers on a menu reflecting the cultures that settled Sonoma County. Set between vineyards in the Valley Of The Moon, The Kenwood offers indoor, outdoor and bar dining with a pond and bocce court to relax at after or during. Chef Anthony Paone presents a menu of housemade specials that change with the season and availability to give the taste of Sonoma cooking.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A New Look & Menu Under New Owners”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I've had the opportunity to dine 3 times at The Kenwood Restaurant since the doors were reopened mid November under new ownership.
The restaurant and grounds have had a facelift, everything looks inviting and updated. Some of the staff have remained, so it's a pleasure to see a familiar face.
The menu has changed greatly but it's inventive and uses fresh and interesting ingredients. Every dish I've tried has been good. Because I don't eat red meat, my only disappoint thus far is that the fish dish has bacon in it. I personally would like to see more meat free dishes or at least one fish or poultry dish I would eat. I welcome the new owners and chef to Kenwood and wish them the best and hope they find a following of loyal customers and can get past all the slamming reviews from the old Kenwood Restaurant and Bar regulars who aren't dealing well with change. Favorites: Green Goddess Salad, Trout Roe on tiny new potatoes, Sardines, Chicken Liver, Smoked Chicory Salad, Roasted seasonal vegetables. My fellow diners enjoyed the beef croquette and hamburger. The specials change frequently.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank lotozzi

Santa Rosa, California
“So disappointing!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We were regulars here before the sale. It was our favorite local spot. We had a very disappointing dinner tonight. I met the owner and expressed my disappointment and she didn't seem to care. This place won't last long.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Ken M
Kenwood, CA
“Under New Ownership and the Jury is still out.....”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Some Friends here in the Valley of the Moon wanted to take us to a place of our choice, and I was eager to try the "new" Kenwood Resturant and Bar. So, we went on a Saturday night to see what kind of crowd was also checking out this newly re-opened eatery.

Things seemed to be busy enough and the staff was very friendly. We decided to eat in the bar, as they had a nice fire going. They offer several beers on tap, which we liked, but most are odd ones. The ambiance was fine and the decor looked like it was still evolving; they need some plants and more art to cozy things up.

The food came in a timely manner and the presentation was well done. We had a lamb combo dish and the lamb steak (leg slice?) was dry. The sausage and the little chop were delicious. We also ordered a beef noodle dish rather like a bourguignon, and the burger. Overall, we were satisfied.

We all agreed on a few points: the food was good, the service was great, the menu didn't offer enough options, and overall, the prices are too high. To elaborate a little, we felt that it was too expensive not only for what we got but for the area as well. Being locals, we really, really want (and need!) a place that doesn't just cater to tourists. There are some GREAT places around here that offer GREAT food and GREAT value, so we are due for one that takes things up a notch....not 5 notches! $33 for an entree? Well, if you must, but then offer several other options in the $18 - $25 range so we can enjoy an appetizer or two as well (appetizers were $14+).

Good luck to them, and we hope they modify things enough so that on cold rainy nights in the winter, the locals can support them too.

• Visited December 2013
Thank H.E.
“Nice”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent, enjoyed the yams appetizer, I am always difficult ordered the burger but instead of bread in a lettuce wrap. I know, I know but it was perfect. They had some exotic delicacies which tempted me but always been a moody eater so stuck to the basics. They had there own mustard and ketchup which were nice additions to the burger. Would like to come back and try some of the exotic goodies!

1 Thank Joseamel
The Villages, Florida
“Not worth the trip”
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

New owners, managers, chef & servers. Trout mushy with tasteless cornbread stuffing. Oysters opened too soon before service. Managers socialize more than manage. Bar area furniture really uncomfortable. Service slow & inattentive, one couple walked out after their food didn't come for an hour. Sardines fresh but not cooked right. Chef not a fish person. Hamburger cooked to death.

2 Thank Rvrlady01