“Tried and true for breakfast!”
Review of Inn Kensington

Inn Kensington
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Kensington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is my go-to spot for breakfast since it's good, fast and comes with amazing buttermilk biscuits. Inn Kensington is a neightborhood institution, filled with regular customers and long time servers who remember what you like. I'm not a big fan of their dinners, however, as they tend to be heavy and heavily spiced.

1  Thank VAnne510

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We live near Inn Kensington and have frequented it for breakfast lunch and dinner. Breakfast is great, with a wide selection of excellent items. The homemade biscuits are always a hit. And the fresh baked bread is great. The fruit bowl is always a wonderful combination of fruits, usually pineapple, papaya, berries, and other fruit. The service is amazingly fast. This is a neighborhood gem, hidden away in the hills, a great stop on the way to Tilden Park. Dinner is excellent too.

1  Thank OutdoorLovers
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Ran in here for a quick bite this afternoon and liked it. Food came quickly. Hubby had a good tasting burger--a surprise because he a hamburger connoisseur who is seldom pleased with the average patty on a bun. It had roasted red peppers, cheese, and a seasoned mayo. I ordered chicken curry in phyllo dough that was a bit cold at center, but good for someone who likes the yellow curry we are all used to. The chunky homemade (I assume) chutney was good. We would go back if we were in Kensington again.

1  Thank waikikisun
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Most restaurants struggle with groups of more that 8, I was so impressed and pleased with the experience our group of 32 received last Friday evening that I have to write this review. This was a family event, and the people at Inn Kensington completely "made our day".
A couple of specifics, food was very good, the soup is outstanding, the main courses, especially the salmon were excellent. OMG, the wines were reasonably priced and they had an excellent Barolo in a midrange price. The staff managed the rollout of meals, correctly prepared and served "hot".
I will go out of my way to return.

1  Thank tennisplayer35
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

It never disappoints. Homemade biscuits. Excellent vegetarian choices. Amazingly fast service and real neighborhood vibe.

1  Thank HollyfromCA