“Best food in Lake County”
Review of Watercolor Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We were visiting friends at Clear Lake and wanted to take them out for dinner to say thank you for allowing us to stay with them. I wanted to dine Lakeside and called the local Chamber of Commerce for a recommendation. They suggested we try WaterColor Restaurant and Bar located at the Ferndale Resort & Marina. We went, not expecting too much, but boy were we surprised. We were greeted by a very nice waitress and seated immediately. We decided to sit outside on their lakeside patio, since the evening was so warm. I was surprised to see a menu more reminiscent of a fine restaurant in San Francisco or Napa, but at prices that were more inline with a local Lake County restaurant ($16 - $25 entrees). I ordered the fresh Salmon, my husband had the Paella, and our friends shared the stuffed Pork Chop and Seared Scallops. Everything was delicious and as good as any restaurant from the Bay area. We sampled several of the local Lake County wines with our dinner. Overall, I could not have been happier. If you are in the area, you must try this place.

5  Thank Lakesideman