“Great Potential, but, just average”

SawShop Gallery Bistro
Ranked #1 of 23 Restaurants in Kelseyville
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Sutter Creek, California
“Great Potential, but, just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went here with friends, the place came highly recommended. Very nice décor, menu had lots of great sounding options. Service was lacking, like so many others have commented....just not attentive or friendly. I had the pork belly and just not what I expected from a higher end restaurant. Pork belly should be cooked until the fat is rendered off, or remove the fat before serving. I had the appetizer portion and no joke, over 1/2 of the pork belly was uncooked fat. I would love to say that I give this place another chance, but, with the reviews it has been getting, I would steer clear until there is a change in management.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RLRaceGirl

Lucerne, California
“Disappointing food and staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having eaten here before we took some friends with hopes of another great dinner in Lake County. However we were disappointed this time. Our waitress never cracked a smile. I kept smelling something skunky(was it her, a customer, or the kitchen?) My friend said her pork belly was all fat. My "pear" salad had 2 smashed bites of pear. My Verlasso salmon was good- I overheard the waitress trying to explain about the salmon and she really didn't get it right (Verlasso is an Atlantic salmon that is farmed in the Pacific under good sustainable methods), but the salmon was served on cold orzo. The beet salad was interesting with avocados (but not too good). The guys had the burgers that they said were good (how could they get that wrong?). Saw Shop- we like that you've expanded your menu but please make sure the food is great. And get some more friendly staff. Then we'll be back. I agree with reviewer msmcd: 3 stars is generous.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lakegirl777
Wenatchee, WA
“3 Stars Generous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We were vacationing in the area and this restaurant was recommended to us by a local vintner. It has a very upscale intereior which was a nice surprise and our food was good although very small portions. We were a given a list of the daily "specials". I can't speak for everything on the list but the 2 items we ordered were appetizer size, not even close to entree size. The price should have been our first clue but it would have been nice to have a little input from the waiter. Speaking of the waiter, not so much as a smile, no "how are you this evening" - nothing. The girl who poured the water was equally sour. We were not made to feel welcome in any way. Rather than order another course, we paid the bill and left. It's unlikely that we will be in this area again, but I would not make another trip to the Saw Shop in any case. Considering our overall experience, 3 stars is generous

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank msmcd
Livermore, California
“Romantic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

The staff was really friendly and nice. The food was amazing!!! We had Tiger Shrimp for an appetizer and fish & chips for dinner. Everything was WONDERFUL!!!

Visited December 2012
Kelseyville, CA
“very quaint and delightful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

what a treat in great little downtown Kelseyville! The service was right on, and the food was great! I had like a pumpkin/squash soup-so delish! And then maybe a butternut squash ravioli with a alfredo sauce, OMG So good!!! Absolute delish!!! And everyone is friendly! would recommend it to everyone!

• Visited November 2012