Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Vio.com$144
eDreams$144
Priceline$144
Agoda.com$144
Etrip$144
Tripadvisor$144
All reviews tioga pass fan running the kitchen lee vining coffee maker sized fridge local brewery light sleeper base camp min walk grocery store first floor utensils noise hiking mammoth drown
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

My son and I spent a couple nights here as a base for fishing the Eastern Sierra. The room was comfortable and looked and felt more like a mountain cottage or cabin than a motel room- well done! The kitchen in our room was nice and everything was extremely clean. The bathroom was also clean. Everything in the room worked as expected though the TV signal was a bit pixelated. I would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2016

I had a very nice two night stay at the June Lake Motel. The room was clean and spacious. The owner was very nice and helpful in guiding me towards places to see and dine in the area. Great central location for my landscape photography purposes as it was 20 minutes from Mono Lake and about 40-45 minutes from Yosemite East gate on the Tioga Pass. (Its a close to 2 hours to Yosemite Valley though, but I stayed on the west side of the park to explore that area). June Lake itself was beautiful.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2016

Nice kitchen, convenient place. They even include a growler so you can get it filled at the local brewery. Our only complaint was that the ceiling fan was a bit noisy. We were there in summer so it was the only cooling source.

Room tip: Book early
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Super clean and well cared for motel. Great location. You can walk anywhere. There's a shortcut to June Lake Brewery and the yummy orange food truck right behind the motel. Check it out!
Staff are super friendly, even their sweet dogs. ☺️
We will definitely return!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Deanna B
Reviewed July 24, 2016

I stayed here because I was looking for a good base camp for doing day trips in the Yosemite high country off the Tioga Pass road. I had previously stayed in Lee Vining but although it is 15 minutes closer, the whole town is right along 395, which is a busy road. June Lake is a few miles off on a side road and much more peaceful. (BTW, there is no need to "buy a Yosemite pass" at the Chevron station, you'll do that at the entrance station and you have to stop there every time you come in anyway). Thirty minutes from June Lake to the entrance station at Tioga Pass.

I really liked this motel a lot, so let me start with the things I liked. The owners were nice and friendly. The room was big and well furnished (two beds, two easy chairs). It was clean and well organized (big closet, lots of clothes hooks). The kitchen was just great - lots and lots of dishes, all sorts of pots pans and utensils, full sized fridge (we ate all our morning and evening meals in), coffee maker. The kitchen/dining area is a separate nook from the rest of the room, very cozy. Bathroom clean and functional - good water pressure and temps on the shower. Beds were firm as I like them, lots of extra blankets and pillows available. There's a one washer/dryer guest laundry. They have a couple of propane BBQ grills available - had I realized that I would have planned my meals a bit differently.

Oh, the wifi is really excellent, very speedy!

The down side is noise. Almost all the rooms have no AC (had not realized that when I reserved). There is a wonderful cool downslope breeze as soon as the sun sets that will have you using blankets after daytime temps in the 80s - if you keep the front windows open. That's the rub. The motel is right on the only real street in town. Traffic dies down pretty quickly after dinner time. The ice machine howls, but it is on a timer and shuts off around 9:15 (blissful!). Two of the rooms have AC and you hear it cycle on and off on and off all night. There is NOT much noise from the neighbors. It took me a few nights to figure out that all worked out well if I ran the desk fan on medium just to make some white noise, and pulled back the heavy front drapes to let air flow while keeping out light (the houses along the main street have cute lights outlining their frames).

So, the noise is what kept me from giving it a 5 but I would like to come back and spend more time in the area. I'm a hiker and go to bed early / get up early and everything else about June Lake Motel is great.

As for Yosemite, don't even think about using June Lake as a base for trips into the main Valley, that's a long ways away in slow traffic. The east side of Yosemite has the high peaks, alpine meadows, great hiking, and much less traffic / crowds. This is the part of the park which will bring me back, as well as interest in other trailheads on the east side.

• Trip type: Traveled with family