“Weekend with the grandson”

Double Eagle Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in June Lake
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Great setting with mountain and lake views. With grandson, age 9, and the off the road location with small lake and stream allowed him to run around in a controlled area.
Had a lakefront cabin which was very nicely furnished and comfortable.
Restaurant has great views. Wife and grandson liked the food. Grandpa not so sure. Wine list good and reasonable. Breakfasts very good. 2nd night restaurant got slammed with a wedding reception in a tented area.

Nice pool.

Good central location to visit Bodie, Mono lake, and Devils Postpile.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed August 16, 2009

I called to book a room for a stay , for a weekend get away, but we had to cancle the room, I called 2 weeks in advance but they had charged my card and tould me it had to be a 30 DAY notie, but I did not have 30 days from the day I called to the day we reserved... The charg form a unused room is not cool....

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank justwinget
Reviewed May 21, 2009

We stayed here for the first time and it was much nicer than we expected. The rooms are spacious, clean, beautifully decorated with a picturesque view from the room. The spa treatments were awesome. The restaurant was excellent; great food and ambiance. Overall, the staff were very accommodating and very nice. We plan to stay here again next year!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Just got back from our third annual June Lake trip, at the Double Eagle Resort. We stay in a cabin with our two young children. We ski during the day, and use the pool/spa in the evening. When we checked in they also had our ski passes ready for us. The property as always was in great shape. To save money, we cook most of our meals in the cabin. Speaking of the cabin, it was clean, and well stocked with pots and pans. I would recommend bringing spices all they provide is salt and pepper. The bed is the best! We usually take a shower in the Spa, it's so much nicer than in the room. Also, look on their website at the calendar of activities, Robert takes us on a snowshoe hike that is spectacular. They also have stretching, swimming, and many other activities. I can't think of a better place to take the kids, and have a relaxing time. We all enjoy it so much..

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank jeffrocomb
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We had a wonderful time at Eagle Tree Resort & Spa...we were staying nearby in a cabin and so we paid the $20.00 day use fee and had access to the indoor pool, spa, steam room, showers, work-out room and classes and they gave us a robe, slippers & towels...what a value for $20.00. We actually took a Snow-shoeing class on Sunday morning at 11:00am and it was so much fun. The staff was so friendly...I highly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 13, 2009

We stayed at the Double Eagle for two nights in February 2009 as a getaway and to ski at June Mountain. I almost hate to tell people about how wonderful this resort is because it will become crowded and right now June Lake itself is almost a secret. The hotel property is beautiful and in a beautiful setting. Our room and bathroom were both large and very clean. We had a small deck. The staff is friendly and helpful. If you like spas, theirs is world class.

We dined at the restaurant one evening -- the room is lovely with big windows looking out on the mountains and the food was delicious.

Highly recommended. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in June Lake and we plan to return in the summer to try fly fishing.

• Stayed: February 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 5, 2009

My husband and I booked into the Double Eagle for some winter ski fun at June Mountain. The location is unbelievablly beautiful, and so serene. Our cabin was nicely appointed and cozy, although we were a bit dissapointed on having to buy extra firewood beyond the 3 or 4 logs they provided for us in the fireplace. The restaraunt staff was very attentive and food pleasing.

Overall our trip was very nice...except for the Spa Guy that nearly made me avoid going into the gym because of his apparent suspicion and arrogant surly questioning of the guests. Our first contact with him was as we made our way into the pool for a soak in the hot tub post ski day. He halted us with a snappy shout and raised eyebrows as we walked into the pool by saying, "Uhhhh...exucse me. What do you think you're doing. Can I help you?". When we told him our intentions we were reprimanded for not "checking in with him" as he abruptly told us about towels and "kids swim time" rules.
The next day when we returned again for a soak he acted like the pool security gaurd again, and then proceeded to lecture two young teenage girls about what they were and weren't allowed to order from the restaraunt/bar to eat for a snack.
The final straw was when I came back later that night to go work out. I jogged through the brisk Sierra night air from our cabin to the gym to get in a lift workout, when I noticed 'mean spa guy' OUT FRONT SMOKING!!!!! (Strange picture for a health resort??)I almost turned around or ran past him, but then as I turned to grab the door, the long haired man scowled at me as he put out his cigarette..." You staying here??" he questioned me AGAIN. I walked in and checked in with the other younger and pleasant spa desk clerk hoping to avoid him again.

We really love June Lake and the Double Eagle is a superb resort taken at face value, but Ithe spa/pool man was not only mean looking but very rude. My husband was so suspicious of him that he wants to look at staying elsewhere for our next trip back to ski in February.

All in all a great place for families and singles alike, especially those that love being close to a quaint and pristine ski slope. BUT BEWARE of the mean guy if you stay!

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near June Lake
#7 of 7 in June Lake
Westin Monache Resort Mammoth
Westin Monache Resort Mammoth
#3 of 31 in Mammoth Lakes

Been to Double Eagle Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!