“Stay Somewhere Else!”

Pine Cliff Rv Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in June Lake
Pine Cliff Rv Resort
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had heard and read all the bad reviews and had previously driven through this campground and professed that we would never stay there (very dark & dusty and sites close together) but with the closing of the government campgrounds due to the budget impass it was the only place with openings. The owner herself showed up at our trailer one afternoon banging on the door and ripped our rope down that we had hung 2 towels on. She barked out that they didn't allow clothslines in the full hookup sites and marched away. We looked through all the 1 page of paperwork we were given at checking and found nothing about this. Interestingly the people next to us who have stayed there for the past 26 years had hung halloween stuff from every tree close to them and that was OK?

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Louis B

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I traveled from Northern California to come to this campground to meet family. The family we were meeting had been coming there for many years and so even with all the bad reviews on here, I was wary, but still wanted to go. Making a reservation was difficult over the phone because I had to call too many times to count just to get them to answer the phone. Then, no payments by credit are allowed, so I had to mail in a deposit for half the amount...The nightmare started when we got there to checkout. The woman at the counter was completely discombobulated, couldn't find our reservation, had to look in 3 separate areas for a hand-written piece of paper. Another family member who was trying to check in at the same time was told she had no reservation at all! Then we were told that the campground was completely full (which was not true by observation for the four days we were there) and this other family member was forced to buy a more expensive camp site. The next morning when we discovered all the vacancies around us, she asked to switch spots to be next to me, and the woman told her it was reserved for the "Smiths". She almost screamed at her, "We are the Smiths! That was our reservation!". The whole time, these check-in people were impatient, rude, and seemed to have no organizational skills whatsoever. These people need a computer system so bad I was actually contemplating buying one and installing it myself rather than enjoying my stay.

If you actually manage to get past all their shenanigans and stay at this campground, and after you cool off from being so angry, you will actually enjoy yourself. Excellent beach access, with some picnic tables in the trees. Lovely, lovely spot. Gorgeous scenery. The amenities are old, but kept clean. The store is a big plus. The campsites are teeny-tiny. Your car will literally be right next to your tent, and you better hope you get nice neighbors...

One thing they forgot to mention...the BEARS! Bears come through the campground EVERY night and will steal coolers and totes. We have a tote with souvenir bear-fang holes in it as proof. The trick is to cover them with blankets at night because the bears don't recognize what they are if you do that. In Northern California, wherever there are bears, there are bear-proof containers to put your coolers in. No such courtesy at this place.

Overall, it would just be better if someone with some common sense would buy these people out, so that we could all enjoy the perfect location on June Lake without all the ridiculous hassle.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Dana H
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our experience at Pine Cliff Resort was great once we got through the checkin process. They do need to get some type of computer to help them. The women at the counter checking in guests seem very overwhelmed ALL the time. We have stayed here once before 2 years ago and had the same exact experience. Sites are close together but are situated in a way that we had adequate privacy. Don't plan to run your air here, the electrical system cannot accommodate the power draw from ac units. Overall the beauty of this campground will bring us back again despite the headache it takes to get checked in.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

HORRENDOUS owner!!! Great if you want access to June Lake. The owner does all reservations by hand and loses reservations/pre-paid money to hold your spot/rude......given all that you cannot beat the location!!!! Get over the check in process and ENJOY yourself!!!! Very well located to the June Lake loop.....we go back every year!!!!

Room Tip: even if you request a certain spot, you still might not get it......again....you are there to enjoy...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just got back home from Pine Cliff Resort. Great time with family, thanks to one of the employees that helped me get our sites together. At first they had us across the road. I told them we wanted to be next to each other because I need to watch my grandson. I had them on the phone as we were driving there because I had a good idea from past experience, there might be a problem. The staff member was so kind and gracious to me and finally agreed to put us together. If you have popouts you must be okay with backing your rig so that your popouts will clear the trees, because there are a lot of very tall pine trees in this resort. It is beautiful. We got our spots together and it worked out great. We found the bathrooms clean, the showers had generous hot water and there was NO partying at all because of the rules they have. We truly had a nice time, but it got too hot and with no air cond. allowed we left early.
1. NO AIR CONDITIONERS AT ALL AT ANY TIME. Or they will fine you if you blow their transformer. Very old electrical in the park, 30 amp only. Be prepared.
2. All campfires out by 1030pm, or they will come to your camp and get you out of bed and make you put out the smoke even. (this is real because it is on their camp map as a rule)
3. No Clotheslines.
4. More stuff I cant remember, but you should ask for the rules to be read to you.
One very unpleasant change happened while we were there. They put in a Public Announcement system so the owner, Sandra, can get on a loud speaker and tell you about the happenings at the resort. We did not like that. We were there to enjoy peace and quiet and the outdoors, not some person telling us very loudly over the whole campground what activities are happening, which couldn’t be much cause it is a pretty sparse resort, no pool, no rec room, etc. Otherwise we still like Pine Cliff, but may be not as a family trip with other RV’rs.And will will not go when it is hot.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cocoa C
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My week trip was ruined in 15 minutes. The crotchety old lady who runs or owns the campground should retire. Everything is back in the 70's. No computer. Hand written receipts. No credit cards, etc. For the last five years I have traveled and arrived on a Sunday. On the last three trips Pine Cliff has me coming in on Mondays. It is no big deal because they have accommodated me. I brought it up to the owner politely and she exploded! She defended her employee, but wouldn't stop. She read me the entire page of rules on the back of the site map and yelled at me when I wanted to look at the way to get to the site. She accused me of "ripping it out of her hands."

We requested a site about two months prior to arriving. We were rudely told that sites can be requested, but not reserved. The lady on the phone then stated the site we requested had already been requested for the entire month of June. I was put in another spot (it was fine). I do want to tell you that during our week stay not one camper was in our original site requested!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dropthelead
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We just stayed at pine cliff rv resort in June lake ca and what a joke. The staff did not want no part in helping people, the roads are NOT marked do if you drive your trailer or RV, you are in trouble trying to back up. The RV sites are VERY small and on top of each other. The restrooms are ALLWAYS dirty and smell bad. At night a bear comes into the camp and knocks over large trash bins and the next day with trash everywhere, it stay for hours. There are a lot of nicer camp site we found around June lake so SAVE your money and avoid this park!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
#3 of 7 in June Lake
Gull Lake Lodge
Gull Lake Lodge
#2 of 7 in June Lake

Been to Pine Cliff Rv Resort? Share your experiences!