“Good food and good people”

The Silver Lake Cafe
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in June Lake
Cuisines: American
Description: Across The Road From Silver Lake Where The General Store And Cabins Are.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The staff members didn't call me "Hon," but they were small-hometown-friendly. Clean operation with just the kind of food you want (big breakfasts, great pie, ...) while watching the lake and the pines full of birds.

1  Thank castleme

Reviewed August 15, 2012

After a long night in a cruddy motel room in Lee Vining, my dad and I didn't want to chance a bad meal before starting the day so we got the heck out of Dodge and cruised down to the June Lake Loop. The reviews for the Silver Lake Cafe were outstanding so we figured we'd give it a whirl. WOW! No kidding, hands down one of the best breakfasts we've ever had! The cafe is very small, maybe five or six tables and a counter that seats perhaps 8-10. Super cute with pine paneling and trophy fish on the walls. We signed in (with one couple ahead of us) and waited perhaps ten minutes. The service was fast and friendly. I ordered one of the scrambles (can't remember the name). The eggs were light and fluffy, the vegees (onions,mushrooms,red/green bell pepper) were nicely cooked with a little carmelization. There was also diced ham, bacon, and sausage which tasted like high quality meat. The scramble was topped with a 3 cheese grated blend. Yes, it is a heart attack on a plate, but what a way to go. I'm pretty sure there was a vegetarian option. The potatoes were cubed, perfectly seasoned and cooked. I selected sour dough toast and it was not soggy or burned, but just right. My dad had the Panhandler which consisted of two pancakes, one egg, and two slices of bacon. The egg (over-medium) was done just right. The pancakes were delicious, and the bacon not too crisp and not undercooked. My dad said the coffee was excellent. I believe my meal was around nine bucks, and my dad's seven. Oh...our meals arrived at the table within five minutes of ordering. Does it get any better? Our great dining experience at the Silver Lake Diner assuaged our ruffled feathers from the Lee Vining debacle and we left there very happy campers!

1  Thank luminaire1
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming to June Lake for all of my 50 years, but sadly only recently discovered the Silver Lake Cafe. It's going to be a regular stop now.

My family had breakfast there this week, and it was as good as anywhere. And the setting, across the street from Silver Lake in an old rustic general store, is perfect. We had a large party, and the staff helped us get seated promptly, although a couple of us ended up sitting at the counter. The level of service was very good, although they were pretty busy that morning. We all raved about the meals we had, including pancakes (perfectly cooked), eggs (my sunny-side-ups were a bit undercooked, but that's being picky; everyone else's were fine), breakfast meats (mmmm), coffee, oatmeal, etc. The portions are generous, and the prices are quite reasonable as well.

All in all, we will definitely come back next time we are in June Lake.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The Silver Lake Café is open from 7am until 2 pm, serving breakfast and lunch. It is very small and quaint. You write your name on a clipboard upon arrival and you are called in order in which you arrived. Sitting down waiting for our waitress to take our order, I learned that your order is taken in the order you sit down….so be ready to wait! The food was great however! I loved the ambiance of the café, complete with old pictures of Silver Lake, old-fashioned fishing gear, and nice views of the Lake while you eat!

2  Thank Sleepyhollow420
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I can't think of a negative other than I wish there were more tables, but the wait is never long, so it's all good. Delicious food - great service, perfect atmosphere, beautiful setting.