“Great BBQ”

Bailey Barbecue
Ranked #16 of 27 Restaurants in Julian
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Bailey Barbecue in historic downtown Julian is under new ownership as of September 1st, 2011. We have great smoked barbecue food, 16 draft beers, a full bar, big screen tvs, a dart board and live music with dancing every Saturday night from 8 pm to Midnight. Check out our website for the latest tap list and upcoming music shows.
San Diego, California
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Their food was excellent. we had a HUGE Tri Tip sandwich and split it. Too Much for 1 person. The service was great. It was Very casual..Good for families. It, looked like they had entertainment on the weekends. Not a romantic place, but they have a full bar and beer from Julian brewery.

Visited October 2013

Lancaster, California
“Good BBQ but horrible sides and service”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband I made a trip to Julian over Octoberfest weekend. It was crowded and we expected waits for lunch but the 45 minute wait we were originally quoted was doable. However, after 45 minutes we were told it would be another 45 minutes. We decided to wait it out since we thought we'd most likely have to wait anywhere. Our order came fast enough and the BBQ was very good but all the sides were VERY cold. Like they had been sitting out for awhile. I sent back my fries and my husband returned his mac n cheese. When I finally got my fries, it was apparent that they were serving me the same fries that they had just dropped back into the fryer to warm them up. Horrendous! With the attitude the waitress had displayed upon returning our sides initially, I decided I didn't want to send them back again and I just didn't eat them. The people across from us apparently had the same issue since her comment when she walked by was "let me guess, cold fries!" To add insult to injury, the large group of 8 that put in there name 5 minutes before we sat down were seated next to us 5 minutes later. I would never come back here again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank jlynnv
san diego
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Good BBQ”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Feeling hungry after a nice motorcycle ride to Julian? Make sure you try this place out! Food is great and plenty of seating for large groups! Right next door to Julian Pie Co.

Visited September 2013
San Jacinto, California
“I was full...”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I like the food! My recommendation is not to get a full order of anything unless you are sharing. We sat in the community room at the Julian Brewing Company. It was a great homestyle atmosphere. Kids running around, people enjoying each others company.

Visited September 2013
“Amazing!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Huge portions and so incredibly delicious. I ordered the pulled pork plate and was blown away on how large the portions were for what we paid. Even my boyfriend couldn't finish. It was so good we are looking forward to going back.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Bailey Barbecue? Share your experiences!