“Unexpectedly great!”
Review of Bailey Barbecue - CLOSED

Bailey Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: The Bailey Barbecue in historic downtown Julian is under new ownership as of September 1st, 2011. We have great smoked barbecue food, 16 draft beers, a full bar, big screen tvs, a dart board and live music with dancing every Saturday night from 8 pm to Midnight. Check out our website for the latest tap list and upcoming music shows.
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband loved the porter - they brew their own. The staff was friendly and totally hustling to get the tables turned over - there was a line, but it moved really fast. The line is there for a reason. We loved our nachos with BBQ pork and the onion rings. We're totally going back if we're ever in Julian again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The service was great the food was alright the ambiance was so so. We had to sit. I the bar area as it was the afternoon. The bar has a few miles on it, but it looks like it would be a great place when they have their live bands and I am sure they must have kareoke as well.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Bailey's has been in Julian for quite some time but has recently been taken over by new owners. The new owners also own the Pizza Port breweries that make outstanding beer at 5 other breweries in San Diego County. The brewery component of Bailey's is called Julian Brewing Company. JBC has about 5 beers on the menu and there are 10 other taps with mostly SD breweries represented. Julian Hard Cider is also on tap. No Bud Light here! The food ranged from good to excellent. The BBQ is quite good (pit smoked) and the sides as well. In particular I thought the brisket was very good. Service was prompt and attentive. Very much a laid back, family atmosphere here.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had the pork tips sandwich with cole slaw and beer. Yummy, Yummy food! The only thing I didn't like was that it was a little chilly in the dining room.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I think the food is great, but having more than 15 micro brews, including some of their own, on tap is the big plus. Try the pulled pork sandwich or back ribs... just fine all around. Saturday nights are wild music in the pub...