“Beyond Your Expectations!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Julian
Artists Loft Julian
Ranked #1 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Julian
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I found the The Artist's Loft to be everything I had hoped it would be, and there were still so many wonderful little things that added even more. The owners truly have thought of everything. I was surprised at every turn from the supplied board games and puzzles to the hand-made soap in the shower. Literally everything that I could have wanted my short mid-week vacation to be was possible. The owners have done an incredible job maintaining this gem tucked away in the mountains of Julian. I'll be back... many more times!

Room Tip: Be sure to watch for the deer that frequent this property. Beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Artist loft is a wonderful place for a romantic getaway. I was looking for a mountain retreat that was not decorated in "grandma" style furniture (victorian). This was it. Owners were very nice. Everything you need is in the house. The screened in porch along the back wall of the house is wonderful. Just leave all the doors open to get a nice breeze. The view is outstanding.

Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This property is heaven on earth. Want a perfect get away location? Stop looking, this is it! I have stayed at many locations in and around the area and we will keep coming back here. The previous reviews about the perfectionist's decor,amenities and wildlife abounds is right on. There is a reason this place rates excellent across the board. Great views, clean and quiet property, just the right amount of everything!Owners take pride in their property and they and their property deserve respect. No party animals here!All three properties are magical.Close to town yet has that far away feel.Close to plenty of hiking trials.I rarely sit still but here,it comes naturally.We spent hours watching the birds at the feeders(they provide the seeds),deer passing through and three turkeys with 13 chicks.Wonderful fireplace at Big Cat,wood included.Planning our next stay already!

Room Tip: The web site helps with number of guests each property handles.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaryAnnLens
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed in the Strawberry Hill Cabin. You can't go wrong. Just fabulous in the extreme. We would stay at Strawberry Hill, Big Cat, or Artist's Loft anytime, and recommend it to anyone. Except someone who wants to play loud raucous rock music. This is not the place for you. All the reviews have it just right. Beautiful and special, with gracious hosts who have thought of everything. Cabins made with love. But these are not simply cabins. Children might get bored. These are places for a romantic getaway or a solo person wishing delightful solitude.

Room Tip: Pick Cabin at Strawberry Hill, Artist's Loft, or Big Cat. You won't be sorry.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2012

The perfect place for a quiet escape. Chuck and Nan were perfect hosts and made sure we were comfortable before leaving us alone. We stayed at the Cabin on Strawberry Hill. The fireplace kept us very toasty on the cool nights, plus added a wonderful ambiance. The kitchenette was just the right size. The fridge came stocked with farm fresh eggs, juice, and a few staples.

The wild turkeys were fun to watch (who knew?) and the deer added a peaceful, calming tone. During the winter, you can see the sunrise and sunset from the same seat on the porch. That with the deer and a glass of wine...relaxation.

If you're looking for a quiet getaway, with a phenomenal view, this is the place.

Room Tip: The Cabin at Strawberry Hill was a perfect romantic getaway.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheParrothead
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I desperately needed a vacation. I got to the point of trying to open my front door with the car alarm and change the channel with my cell phone.

I chose The Artist's Loft based primarily on their website. It's not fancy, but they had nice quotes towards the bottom of the home page. When in doubt, I usually choose a book by it's cover. Plus, they had several positive on-line reviews. I had no idea the experience would exceed our expectations!

From the time I reserved the room by e-mail, the service was exemplary. The owners were polite, friendly and extremely helpful. They e-mailed me back right away and even answer the phone themselves.

The tour of the Loft turned into an unexpected but welcome, guided history of the adventerous lives of the proprietors, as told by Chuck. When my boyfriend is Chuck's age, I hope he stays as hot as this guy! Although he qualifies for the Early Bird Special, this guy is definetely the early bird who gets the worm!

That interaction marked the start of a wonderfully creative, fun experience in Julian.

The accomodations were first-class. They make "staying in a cabin" like a 5-star hotel.

They have the best mattress. We were told we could drop a bowling ball on it and our partner wouldn't feel a thing. We didn't try it, but I can vouch for the pain-free sleep and waking up without the aches and pains from sleeping a cheap bed.

I'm always cold, but here, the heating rises from the soft, hardwood floors to create a perfect temperature. We didn't need to use the wood-burning stove, but it would be great in the winter.

There is plenty of comfortable seating. We were so impressed by the Artist's Loft, we invited my boyfriend's mom up to see it one of the days we stayed there. I know, we're weird, but we love family and we just had to show someone!

The kitchen is built for a chef and thank God my boyfriend cooks. The owners provided fresh juice, farm-fresh eggs, specialty bread and local jams for breakfast. The fridge is big enough to hold a gallon of fruit punch and the biggest jug of Malibu Rum they sell (in case someone were to bring those things with them).

The entire stay, we felt like we were being treated to something special. Hand-made soap, organic juice, specially-selected music and water bottles on the bedside tables are just a few of the amenities that make a simple stay feel like a gift from a good friend.

Room Tip: Stay mid-week to miss the crowds in Julian.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jenireyes
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed in the Cabin at Stawberry Hill for two nights while in the Julian area for the Oriflamme 50k trail race. It was lovely. The cabin is very private, peaceful, comfortable and spacious. It is beautifully built from natural materials, has a high ceiling, open floor plan and wonderful, whimsical furnishings. From the front porch, we enjoyed expansive views of the surrounding landscape, while inside the cabin, sunlight streams through the upper windows and the others are shaded by the beautiful old oak trees that surround the cabin. Wild turkeys come by periodically, making their gobble-gobble calls. This is a very special place with a great deal of character and charm. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple