“Wonderful cottage”
other travelers have booked this property
Spring lilacs at Cathleen's Country Cottage
Winter snow at Cathleen's Country Cottage Blooming Apple Trees on Our Circular Drive
Check Availability
Cathleen's Cottage Kitchen
Cathleen's Cottage Dining Area
Cathleen's Cottage Bedroom
Living Room and Two Futons
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful cottage”
Reviewed July 2, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Cathleen's Pet Friendly Cottage has been wonderful. I feel as if I'm in a little storybook cottage just perfect for me and my greyhound, Kimo. It is so clean and tidy and the outside just perfect. Kimo loves snooping around and checking out the neighboring furkids across the street. I love the front deck and feeding the birds. It is so peaceful. This home has everything you need and then some. As a native to this southern California region Julian has not let me down. I do hope Miss Cathleen will welcome me again in the near future because I definitely want to stay again.
I also do recommend Cathleen's Pet Friendly Cottage for a peaceful visit away from home.

Your age range 65+
Jul 21, 2018
Thank you for your thoughtful review. You have been a great guest! I look forward to the possibility of your stay in the future.
Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage is an ideal vacation cottage for guests with children and pet dogs. We have a large, fenced exercise area on the property where pet dogs can play. Our cottage is well-situated in a wooded, Julian residential neighborhood, and is within two miles of Julian's historic gold-mining town.
Barbara H
California
“Cozy!”
Reviewed April 28, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

We just got back from spending a week at this cottage.

This place is great. Has everything you need. It’s spacious yet cozy. We brought our two dogs and they had a blast!

Situated in a quiet little mountain neighborhood. Friendly neighbors.

Lots of trees and flowers around the property. Two separate gated yards for the dogs to play in, but even if they pulled a Houdini and got out, there is a fence around the entire house. Your pets will be safe.

One of the days it rained and was very very windy so we stayed in, lit a fire in the wood-burning fireplace, and watched Netflix.

We had a slight mishap with the satellite but Nada wasted no time in getting it fixed. She was great to work with and just wanted the best for her clients.

Other reviews have mentioned the lack of drawer space due to the dresser being filled with sheets. It’s easy enough to remedy: take them out and put them in the closet or just keep your clothes in your luggage (which is what we did as we only brought t-shirts and jeans).

The heater in the dining/living room worked great when we did not use the fireplace, plus there are portable heaters available.

LOTS of windows all over for ventilation and light.

This is a great place for couples or families. I highly recommend this cottage.

Apr 29, 2018
Thank you very much for writing a clear, descriptive review of Cathleen's Pet Friendly Cottage. I really enjoyed having you as guests, and hope that you will return for a repeat stay.
josieriva...
Las Vegas, Nevada
“STORYBOOK COTTAGE nestled in the beautiful mountains of Julian, CA”
Reviewed March 14, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Storybook Cottage Nestled in the Beautiful Mountains of Julian, CA. Minutes from
downtown Julian. With GREAT Restaurants and Shops... The hospitality of the area is Warm and Friendly.... We visited during a snowy time and had lots of fun. The inside of the cottage is warm, CLEAN AND INVITING....The air is fresh and clean.
Nada the owner is Great... We will visit again!

Mar 16, 2018
Thank you for your beautiful review.
Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage is very cozy and clean. It is in a wooded,
residential Julian neighborhood that is within two miles of town. We welcome children and pet dogs.
Debbie H
“Peaceful and comfortable cottage”
Reviewed October 26, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband, and I stayed in Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage for a get away weekend, along with our dog. All of us felt very comfortable in the cottage, and the dog was very happy to have a fenced in area to run and romp. The Cottage has a well equipped kitchen, and plenty of towels and bedding. We took a long, peaceful walk every morning through the neighborhood to start our days. The owner was very pleasant and helpful and encouraged us to call if we had any questions or problems. This was our first trip to Julian, but we will certainly return in the future and would love to stay in this cottage when we do.

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you for your clear review. I hope that you will return for another stay in the future!
Owner Nada Cathleen Grigsby
debra c
San Diego, California
“Pup Vacation Heaven”
Reviewed June 12, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is about 2 miles from Julian proper. It is an older but clean and well-kept home in a cluster of mountain homes. It is still very private due to elevation and trees. I loved the ton of windows! There were 5 in the bedroom! The breeze just flows through. There is a ceiling fan in the dining and bedroom, main area air conditioner (it was chilly while I was there so I didn't use it). There are floor fans and space heaters in the closets. The futons and loveseat convertible provide additional sleeping but it was me and the dogs for most of the visit. There are tons of sheets, towels, and blankets/comforters/quilts. The property is secure for dogs and has a split yard in the back with an additional gate. There is a charcoal BBQ on the deck and a lovely woodburning stove inside. We had all we needed for both operations. The birds, cats, squirrels, and a skunk entertained as well as two clear nights for star and moon watching. The kitchen was adequate and roomie for 2 people to work together.
The one thing lacking would be a hammock for the back yard space, under the trees.

Jun 15, 2017
Thank you for being such a considerate guest. I appreciate your suggestion about the addition of a hammock!
We look forward to the possibility of your return in the future.
Nada Cathleen Grigsby, owner
Jesus G
San Diego, United States
“Great Getaway”
Reviewed April 19, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Very roomy and charming cottage in a very quiet area in the Julian Mountains. Definetely a pet and children friendly enviornment , my grandson and the whole family loved it! Great bird watching too.

Apr 20, 2017
Thank you for your review.
Cathleen's Pet-Friendly Cottage is a great place to stay, and explore the beautiful Julian area.
Felicity...
“Romantic and family friendly”
Reviewed March 15, 2017 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed here on a cold weekend with my husband, toddler, baby, and three friends. The cottage was very clean, beautiful, cozy, and had everything I needed and more. I was thrilled to find that the kitchen was stocked with every supply for cooking and baking, which I took advantage of. We even baked with some of the delicious little yellow apples that grew on the tree outside! (I would come back even just for those apples, they were so good). The wood stove in the livingroom was easy to use and added a special coziness. The bed in the bedroom was comfortable and had a beautiful quilt and pillow shams. I took a photo of my baby sitting on the bed with the light coming in from the windows that turned out just beautiful! The place had such a wonderful feel to it. We loved it, and will definitely stay here again!

Mar 15, 2017
Cathleen's Pet Friendly Cottage is a cozy, comfortable haven for families with children. Our front deck is a great place for weekend barbeques. The Julian area is well-known for its apple orchards and apple pies. We are surrounded by national, state, and county parks that are great for hiking and horse-back riding.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing