“Wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Julian Grille

The Julian Grille
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Julian
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wonderful food, wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Very nice place. The trout was awesome! Pasta was good too. A lot of choices but I'd go with the Chef's special, absolutely wonderful.

• Visited August 2014

San Francisco, California
“Great and Generous Sized Sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Julian Grill is an off the beaten track restaurant situated in a historic town with lots of small interesting shops. The restaurant has an outside patio which is nicely shaded with a rustic atmosphere. The sandwiches are especially good; they are generously sized and a meal in themselves. The ingredients are very fresh and the options of bread are nice. The service was also warm and friendly. They have an interesting selection of beer and wine; a few of these items are local so try them and they may surprise you. The prices are reasonable in light of the portions served. This is a place to eat and enjoy excellent comfort food in a rustic setting.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Eddie R
San Diego, California
“Great lunch stop!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is a charming little restaurant located in an old home on the main road in Julian. We stop for lunch whenever we’re passing through Julian. We like to sit inside on the front screened porch with a view of the street activities, but there’s other inside seating too, or you can dine on the outside patio. The food is always very good, with tasty soups, sandwiches - my wife likes the Reuben best, I prefer the turkey – and a surprising variety of other dishes, including salads, seafood and pasta. We’ve tried a few other spots in Julian, but this is by far our favorite.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rick_in_San_Diego
Santee, California
“The Julian Grille”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

To those of you who reside in the historic gold mining town of Julian CA, you already know about "The Julian Grille", but to you folks who are new to the area, well you are in for a treat. The historic town of Julian is mostly known for it's shops and eateries...mostly well known for the various places that serve mouth watering apple pies. The apple festival is in November but the real fun are the weekends when the "flatlanders" take the trip up the mountain from cities like Santee; El Cajon; Lakeside; Ramona; San Diego, and other areas in surrounding venues. However after the fun of looking through all of the shops and the cider mill, it's now time to eat. My favorite restaurant is the "Julian Grille" I live in the "flatlands" of Santee, CA and I regularly...twice a month, drive up over 4000 feet to enjoy great food. I love eating outside in the beautiful vine covered patio or inside the quaint home style surroundings. Now I have read some of the reviews about the food. I don't know which restaurant they were reviewing but it sure doesn't sound like this one. I have enjoyed a wonderful 12oz ribeye steak with potatoes, vegetables, salad, soup, iced tea...etc. I have eaten delicious hamburgers, salmon, tilapia, and much more.

The prices are a little high but they give you plenty of well prepared food. I highly recommend "The Julian Grille" for the entire family.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Brian F
Port Costa, California
“Fine dining with a casual undertone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Julian Grille was recommended by our B&B host. The atmosphere was lovely - indoor and patio seating. I chose the Sweet Georgia Peach Chicken for my entre. It was quite tasty although I was surprised to see canned peaches on the chicken. Locals told me it was their favorite dish. I appreciated the good service.
The price was a few dollars more than I thought matched the meal. But I would certainly go there again..

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BegoneAdventures

Been to The Julian Grille? Share your experiences!