“Average place if you don't mind noise!”

Agua Caliente County Park
Ranked #20 of 38 things to do in Julian
Costa Mesa, Ca
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Average place if you don't mind noise!”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My husband and I wanted to get out of town for a night, and Agua Caliente had a spot left. First of all, I did not realize how far from the main part of Julian it actually was. Its about 40-45 minutes away, and deep in the desert (my fault, I should have done better research). It was HOT, and we were in a tent, with no shade. The heat of the sun woke us up by 6:30 am. I would not recommend this place for tent camping unless the weather is cooler. The campground itself was decent if you aren't too picky. There was a small pool that was so crowded, no one could really move, but it was a nice way to beat some of the heat. The campground was clean, as well as the bathrooms. My only other complaint was the noise, but I guess thats not the fault of the campground, but just inconsiderate people. Basically this is a good place if you just need to stop over for a night on your way somewhere else. Otherwise, you might want to shop around a little more.

Visited May 2014

Sandpoint, Idaho
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great little oasis....”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Agua is a great little getaway in the higher desert sheltered by surrounding mountains. Nice camping spot, clean showers and pools. My husband and I come down from a near by mountain community in the winter time to warm up in the hot mineral pool and sunshine! Nice day trip also...

Visited December 2013
San Diego, California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“one of the best little landing strips in San Diego”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Land here, take a hike! Enjoy the hot springs, the desert and the general store. You can do so much in this region its really great. Only 15 minutes by light aircraft from san diego.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank SonicSpringBok
Manhattan Beach, California
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Nice Hike but Dry”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We read there was a stream following most of the Azeala Glen trail but there wasn't. Bring water. It was hot and dusty. The views are nice BUT beware - there is still a lot of evidence of the big fire that swept through the area a few years ago. Many of the trees are just charred remains. But, that being said, there were wildflowers and new growth. Take the map from the visitor's center when you go because the trail is not always well marked. It took us about 2.5 hours with some stops along the way - total mileage is about 3.0.

Visited May 2013