“Cook quit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Phoenix, Arizona
“Cook quit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Food was good but the cook quit and we had to wait 45 minutes just to get our order which was the special sandwich, salad and slice of pie for $9.95. Worth it because just the pie alone will cost you about $4.00. Owner did the cooking but the negitive was the wait.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank twinkeeking

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,404 helpful votes
“Better to avoid....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Julian for the first time this past weekend. We went to go pick apples at an Apple Orchard (Apple Starr) and had a wonderful time there with the kids. We stopped in town for lunch and didn't read any reviews ahead of time for this place.

I wish I read some Yelp reviews before we came here. Because several of them are very poor and I agree with them. This place wasn't yet reviewed on Trip Advisor (I wish it was) and the only reason I'm posting this is to help future tourists avoid this place.

We were going to eat lunch at Julian Cafe & Bakery which we read some good things about. But the wait was 20 minutes and we didn't want to wait so we walked around the corner and found Cowbella Cafe.

There aren't a whole lot of options in Julian because it's a very small town. Definitely I wish we waited at the other place. We came in here and there was only one other table yet it took a long time to get our food.

We each got a sandwich and my wife got a salad and I got fries with my sandwich. I hate leaving negative reviews and if you look at my hundreds of past reviews you won't see too many negative reviews. I am always objective when reviewing.

But this place was so bad, IMHO. The bread was very stale on our sandwiches and seemed like it was sitting out a while. It was like a dorm room with a mini kitchen in it but nothing tasted fresh, service was friendly but slow.

Definitely I'd avoid this place if you're in Julian. There was nothing at all redeemable about our meal and a touristy type of place. IMHO, not worth the prices they charged for that type of sandwich. $10 for a sandwich with stale bread and french fries.

• Visited September 2012