“Fun and tasty place to eat!”

Miner's Diner & Soda Fountain
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Julian
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is our second time eating at this restaurant. It cost us $58 for four of us: three sandwiches, one cheeseburger, three soft drinks and one shake. The burgers/sandwiches come with a side order or either fries, coleslaw, beans or potato salad. The burgers, sandwiches, fries, beans and potato salad were all really tasty. (Did not try the coleslaw.).

I think a lot of what you are paying for is to come into the restaurant and see older pictures and have a look around as there is a lot to see!

We will go back to eat here again next time we come to Julian.

There are newer reviews for Miner's Diner & Soda Fountain

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have visited this soda fountain many times in the past, but it has gone down hill. Had their famous Dusty Road sundae, with a very strange tasting "Mocha Almond Fudge" ice cream. It had the requisite dusting of malted milk powder, but no whipped cream or cherry, which for $7.95 seems a little steep. Service was OK, although the two teens working there were not very cordial to customers, and instead of answering questions from the fountain, just directed everyone to order at the register. It is fun to see this old traditional fountain still in use, but it is not what it used to be. Probably will not visit again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had a pulled pork sandwich, and the meat was great.
However, I want to give praise to Will who made the BBQ sauce on the sandwich. It was the best I have tasted in 40 years. I went over and complimented him, and he offered to give me a little container for the road. Will, I will always remember you brought back childhood memories with that sauce. They need to bottle that Sauce...Oh yes, ordered a malt and received a shake not a malt, but it was still goooood.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great sandwiches, love the old building and decor. This is a order at the counter and they deliver to the table kind of place. Great for a quick bite while seeing the quaint town of Julian. The employees are friendly and quick. Love the idea of using a deck of cards to tell you when your food is ready. Would eat there again and maybe next time sit at the counter and have a milkshake.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Pulled pork sandwich and slaw, better than I thought it would be! BLT sandwich was better though. They use cream cheese instead of mayo and it makes it taste way better. Don't expect a gourmet experience here. Expect some light hearted diner food and hard working waitresses who can make a mean ice cream shake. The shakes were around six dollars but it is huge! Worth the money in my opinion. The sandwiches were maybe a dollar too expensive for me but hey, you're in Julian, and they gotta make a living. order your food at the front counter, they give you a card from the playing deck, and wait for your order to be shouted out....."Six of diamonds!" and you say "here!". Enjoy!