“Charming and full of history oh, and the food is yummy!!!!”

Julian Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #5 of 27 Restaurants in Julian
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a great place! We loved this little gem. The place is a real slice of history and speaking of slices, DON" FORGET TO ORDER THE APPLE CRUMB PIE!!!! It was so delicious we almost laughed out loud as we ate it! The freshly squeezed apple juice was chilled to perfection and the lunch portions were enormous! The prices are low here at this historic little restaurant which is know for it's fresh apple products so don't miss out on a wonderful meal with very attentive servers at Julian Cafe and Bakery.

1  Thank daycavtravel

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Avoid it. Go to the Grille or Ramanos or anywhere else. Apparently the owner doesn't even live in Julian, lives in temecula and exploits the Julian tourists with bad food and high prices. Avoid this s$&t hole

3  Thank M H
Reviewed July 22, 2013

we are in southern California on vacation and went to the little village of Julian for the day.We ended up at the Julian Bakery and Cafe for lunch. My wife had the open face prime rib which she said was very good. I had the open face meatloaf made with turkey and sausage.I make a good meatloaf but this one was out of this world good. Good value for the money but service was a little on the slow side.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ate here because I had a Living Social coupon while staying at the Julian Goldrush Hotel. They are only open until 7:30 M-F, which is earlier than I usually eat, but arrived at 6:30 and found only one other table occupied (by locals). Opted for the baby back ribs, which were OK but nothing special. Had a garden salad (lettuce & cucumbers, no tomatoes at the height of the season) which was OK, and good french fries and some squash. Supposedly endless refills on sodas, but I got none. Service was slow and not very attentive considering the small number of customers that evening. Would probably not eat here again unless I had another deal.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went here for a late night dinner with my sisters. We got there at 7:45 when they closed at 8:00 after we called to see if it was OK for us to come this late. They told us to come over which was very nice of them. We made sure to ask and they told us they had the Tortilla Soup. One of my sister's had eaten breakfast here before and told us she really enjoyed it so we were looking forward to great food. I just ordered the soup and my sisters ordered soup and split a chicken burger. The soup came out 1st and we all took a big bite and looked at each other like what is this. The soup was horrible. It was a bland white based soup with lots of carrots and some tortilla strips. This was not like any tortilla soup I have ever had. One sister ate it because she was so hungry, another ate 1/2 of it and I only ate a few bites. Never again will we order this soup. My sister's chicken burger turned out to be a hamburger but they ate it because of the late hour and said it was good. Thank goodness they had french fries with the burger or I would not have had anything to eat. Restraurants close very early in Julian.

Been to Julian Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!