“Apple Pie anyone?”
Review of Mom's Pie House

Mom's Pie House
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Julian
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We live in NJ, and we make a trip to Julian every year the week before Thanksgiving to purchase pies to take back to NJ for Thanksgiving dinner. We love their pies, as do the members of our family that have them for dessert after a big turkey dinner.

There are newer reviews for Mom's Pie House

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've been coming to Mom's for the better part of 15 years. In November you can wait in a very long line, but at least you can be entertained by watching the pie making through the picture windows. Even if you want a pie or two to go, I recommend taking a half hour to sit down with a slice and a hot apple cider. The portions are generous, and don't pass on the side of Cinnamon Ice Cream! My fave is the Dutch Apple Boysenberry. The only problem is finding a seat.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This used to be my go to place for pies, before I discovered Julian Pie Company and realized Mom's Pie was not up to par. This place is aimed at the tourists, while Julian Pie Company is aimed at locals, and those in the know.I have had a chocolate pie from here, but after it gave me diarrhea I stopped eating from here all together.

5  Thank CentralCoastWine
SDMom66, Public Relations Manager at Mom's Pie House, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear CentralCoastWine,

I was shocked and dismayed to read your review - we make our chocolate cream pies very infrequently and they are always refrigerated. I wish that you had contacted us immediately! If you wish to receive a refund for the purchase price of your pie, please contact us via e-mail.

Laurie at Mom's

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yum, I had the sugarfree apple pie slice that is sweeten with real apple juice. Everyone else that apple crumb with ice cream and my husband had apple dumpling. So good my mother-in-law had to buy a whole apple pie to take back to our resort condo to eat the next day. Fun day trip.

1  Thank twinkeeking
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My son and I hit Julian on an unexpectedly busy weekend. There were lines out the door 30-people plus at the restaurants and bakeries, and don't even ask about the one to get into the public bathroom. We decided to head home early. We found the Mom's Pie warehouse on our way out, a couple of miles out of town, with room in the parking lot. My 13-year-old son was in a bad mood (what else is new) but agreed to try a piece of pie. We had the individual pie, a single cored apple in a pie crust with brown sugar and a touch of cream cheese. It was transformative! We simply couldn't stop trying to describe how amazingly great the flavor was. He allowed me to have an extra forkful -- as long as he could credit it as my Mother's Day gift next year, and it was so delicious I agreed! I wish they could ship to the East Coast, where my family lives.

SDMom66, Public Relations Manager at Mom's Pie House, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear literarybuff,

I am glad that you enjoyed our apple dumpling - it is my favorite item on the menu! We do ship pies within the continental United States - please call us to receive more information about this.

We hope to see you again soon,

Laurie at Mom's