“Worth the drive from Carlsbad”
Review of Mom's Pie House

Mom's Pie House
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Julian
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Yum, I had the sugarfree apple pie slice that is sweeten with real apple juice. Everyone else that apple crumb with ice cream and my husband had apple dumpling. So good my mother-in-law had to buy a whole apple pie to take back to our resort condo to eat the next day. Fun day trip.

1  Thank twinkeeking
There are newer reviews for Mom's Pie House

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My son and I hit Julian on an unexpectedly busy weekend. There were lines out the door 30-people plus at the restaurants and bakeries, and don't even ask about the one to get into the public bathroom. We decided to head home early. We found the Mom's Pie warehouse on our way out, a couple of miles out of town, with room in the parking lot. My 13-year-old son was in a bad mood (what else is new) but agreed to try a piece of pie. We had the individual pie, a single cored apple in a pie crust with brown sugar and a touch of cream cheese. It was transformative! We simply couldn't stop trying to describe how amazingly great the flavor was. He allowed me to have an extra forkful -- as long as he could credit it as my Mother's Day gift next year, and it was so delicious I agreed! I wish they could ship to the East Coast, where my family lives.

SDMom66, Public Relations Manager at Mom's Pie House, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear literarybuff,

I am glad that you enjoyed our apple dumpling - it is my favorite item on the menu! We do ship pies within the continental United States - please call us to receive more information about this.

We hope to see you again soon,

Laurie at Mom's

Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the coziest spot to enjoy apple pie in Julian - especially if the weather is brisk and there is snow. The pie is spectacular - I love Mom's pie :)

Reviewed September 8, 2012

We visit my best friend about once a year and always try to take the long way just to buy one of Mom's apple pies. It's worth it. Other pastries are sold as well. Mom's is in the middle of town and easy to find in this popular tourist town of Julian.

1  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Mom's was recommended to us by one of the shopkeepers in Julian. We had a great apple pie and the vanilla ice cream was very tasty too.

Been to Mom's Pie House? Share your experiences!