“Hospitality Perfected!”

Wikiup Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Julian B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend in Julian for our 6th wedding anniversary at the Wikiup B&B, and we could not have possibly chosen a better place. Linda and Lee are warm and inviting hosts and go the extra mile to make you feel as though you're a member of their cozy family. They provide simple finishing touches that make you feel as though you are at home, from small tubes of toothpaste, to make-up removing wipes, or something as simple as a can opener all these seemingly trivial items just add to the overall experience of your visit. We stayed in the Stargazer room, a wonderfully private and whimsical space with it's own hot tub right outside the door! The property is lovely and serene, the llamas quirky and cute! Last but not least Linda's breakfasts are AMAZING! They kept us full until dinner, and excited for the next morning's gourmet fare! We look forward to returning soon, to spend another magical, restful, and romantic weekend at the Wikiup!

Room Tip: If you'd like the most privacy the Stargazer room is furthest from the main part of the house. T...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The Wikiup gave me everything I was looking for to create my own personal retreat. There were many intimate places for me to rest, relax and rejuvenate. I stayed in the Garrett’s StarGazer room and was pleasantly surprised to find a mattress that was a slice of heaven. There was a private Jacuzzi and I could watch the shooting stars while having a nice soak after a day exploring Julian. Both Linda and Lee were readily available to help me with whatever I needed. The breakfasts were a welcome treat to look forward to every morning and Linda prepared a wonderful table to have a meal and meet new people. I can hardly wait for my next visit as it has become my favorite place for that special getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rowan W
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I loved the Wikiup. We went there to celebrate our 7th anniversary. It was so peaceful, beautiful, and romantic. We stayed in the Willow Warren room, and it was magical. The bedroom was decorated like we were sleeping under a tree with stars above us. And we really enjoyed our jacuzzi tub. The room was sweet with no detail left undone. The owners are so friendly, kind, and conscientious. Great selection of music, books, and games available for each room. Wonderful areas outside to sit and enjoy the beautiful environment. Fresh, clean mountain air. The main room for breakfast is so warm and inviting. And the breakfasts were delicious. We loved it and will definitely be going back. We wish we could have stayed longer!

2  Thank Jolie V
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend at the Wikiup. The premises are rustic and serene, and you can feel your blood pressure drop as soon as you walk onto the property. Lee and Linda are gracious hosts. We loved chit chatting with Lee and tasting Linda's scrumptious breakfasts. The best part of the trip was falling in love with the 2 cats and the huge Newfie dog that run the place. The only thing we would have changed was adding a shower to the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. After a long hike in Julian, a shower would have been a better alternative to a bath. But the Pueblo Dreamcatcher room was a delight and we will try to be coming back when it's snowing!

1  Thank stickie29
lodgingnazi, Owner at Wikiup Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

We are so happy that these guests found the Wikiup a peaceful place to stay. We thank them for the kind and helpful remarks. We strive to provide all of the amenities that will make our guests stays as comfortable as possible. All of our rooms have bath tubs with showers, or spa tubs with european hand-held showers. All rooms have outdoor private hot tubs or jetted tubs as well for melting away the sore muscles acquired from a day of hiking. We look forward to having these wonderful guests return for a weekend of relaxation in our beautiful secluded mountain setting.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Wikiup Bed and Breakfast was such a special treat. We did the Rub, Tub, and Grub. It was amazing. We were treated to a carraige ride in town, then a very delicious and romantic meal at Jeremy's on the hill. Then we went to breakfast. Linda had set a beautiful table and her food was amazing. Linda is a amazing cook. Both Lee and Linda were great. They went out of their way to help my husband get flowers and cards (he forgot his) for me on our Anniversary. They really helped make it special. It truley was a amazing and relaxing trip. We plan on bringing our parents here soon. You will totally enjoy your stay here. All of the rooms are different. We plan on staying in each one of them. Thanks Linda & Lee for making our trip so wonderful.

Room Tip: They are all great!
1  Thank Cindy B
Reviewed June 10, 2012

What a lovely find this was!!! I had stumbled on Wikiup after my first choice of a B&B at Julian did not have any available rooms for the weekend. But I (and the other 2 people in my party, my son and my boyfriend) are SO glad we ended there instead! Peaceful location, comfortable themed rooms, accommodating hosts, delicious breakfasts...Wikiup must be experienced again and soon!

Lee and Linda, the proprietors, were excellent hosts. Linda's breakfasts, served on beautiful china, were a feast to the eyes and to the stomach. They were a delicious way to start your day exploring Julian or just simply relaxing on the peaceful premises. We stayed at the spacious Southwestern-themed Pueblo room---gurgling fountain at the entrance, sunken bathtub, and a Native Indian fireplace made the room feel very cozy at night (the weather got a bit nippy after the sun went down). They even placed an extra bed to accommodate my son who came to join us for one night during our stay. The room was full of wonderful little details, from the little knick-knacks which completed the Southwestern atmosphere, to the more practical: wonderful fresh ground coffee for your use and a mini-fridge for storing that delicious Julian apple pie you're bringing to the folks back home. Perfect!

It was a sudden decision to head to Julian that weekend, but all events just seemed perfect for it: my son, a student at USD, just finished his last exam, my boyfriend just returned from a work conference in DC, and it was Mother's Day weekend (hint, hint). We decided on one activity to do together, one which starts and ends at Wikiup (think convenience and fun)----llama trekking. The llamas are on the premises for you to feed and look at, but I'll have to say that the real experience was in going on a trek with them! We each had one llama to handle and it was hilarious to find out about what they can do and experience their little amusing idiosyncracies! Let's just say Scottie (one of the llamas) was my guy!!! Lee was a fantastic guide and such a base of knowledge about Julian's then and now! We are still talking about the trek and recommend it highly for a different experience in Julian.

We're all planning a return trip very soon!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally good---just would depend on the mood you're in.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CinnaJazz
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We stayed in the Stargazer room. Very cute and unique. It was very private. The breakfast was wonderful and very filling! We didn't need to eat lunch! Linda is a wonderful cook and hostess. The great room where you gather to eat is very beautiful. The property is very beautiful and green. I highly recommend this Bed and Breakfast. You will have a wonderful and relaxing time. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stargazer room is very private.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Julian
La Casa del Zorro Resort & Spa
#3 of 4 in Julian
Julian Country Inn
Julian Country Inn
#8 of 11 in Julian

Been to Wikiup Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!