“Great pies, yummy ice cream!”
Review of Julian Pie Company

Julian Pie Company
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Julian
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, United Kingdom
“Great pies, yummy ice cream!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visited Julian on our first explore outside San diego. We left a grey, chilly San diego and found a very sunny bright Julian. The flowers were gorgeous. Still a bit chilly, but then Julian is at 4000+ feet.
We stopped at the Julian Pie Company for a snack. I had apple and wild berry pie and my other half had a crumbed apple pie. He opted for vanilla ice cream and I tried the cinnamon. We both had coffee. You order at the counter (there was a queue) and then they call your order number. We were lucky enough to find a table inside (too cold to eat outdoors). The pies were gorgeous. Generous size portions and the ice cream was a big lump on top. The coffee was good too. I am only sorry we did not bring a pie home - although at $13.95 each they are a bit pricey. Would definitely go back..

• Visited April 2013

Mission Viejo, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum! We shared a bite and took a pie home to share with the family. Great cookies & coffee too.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The location was easy to find and the line of people was a guarantee that we were in a popular place. We knew that we would be happy and full when we left.

Visited January 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“The Best Pie in Julian”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

A few years ago I was hired to write an article for a San Diego publication on where to find the best pie in Julian. I drove up there, bought one slice from every place in town that baked their own pies, brought it home and had my husband help me do a blind tasting (he coded all the pie slices so I couldn't tell where each slice was from). Hands down, Julian Pie Company won. The apples were just the right consistency, the spicing perfect, the crust not too soggy or overbaked, and the pie not too sweet, as was the case with several of the other pies. Whenever I visit Julian this is the only place where I eat pie.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jeffree I
Riverside, California
“Pie Pie Me Oh My”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This whole town is quant and adorable….Just love small town atmosphere, restaurants, bakeries and stores. We heard so much about this “Julian Pie Company” We figured while we are there we would try a piece of pie. We got the dutch apple crumb warmed with vanilla ice cream… it was delicious! We brought a pie to take home for Easter Sunday – The family enjoyed it as much as we did.

• Visited March 2013
Coto de Caza, California
“Best pie in town”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never miss out on their pies, best in town. Dutch apple crunch with carmel topping is my favorite. They have the actual bakery about 5 miles out of town towards Oceanside, we always pick up a pie on the way out of town.

Visited February 2013

Been to Julian Pie Company? Share your experiences!