“Great pie and pleasant outdoor seating.”
Review of Julian Pie Company

Julian Pie Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Julian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Every time I had gone to Julian in the past, I always stopped at "Mom's" for apple pie. Today, I went to the Julian Pie Company for the first time, and I have to say that I may now be a Julian Pie Co. convert.

The Dutch apple pie with the crumb crust was delicious with vanilla ice cream (and you get quite a bit of ice cream).

What was really surprising and pleasant was the outdoor seating on a patio/yard behind the restaurant under some large shade trees. Very relaxing.

We had to wait about 10 minutes to get to the counter to place our order, and it was served to us in less than 5 minutes. It was about $5.75 for the slice of pie with two decent scoops of vanilla ice cream.

Sorry, "Mom's," I think Julian Pie Co. has the edge (but not by much!).

1  Thank zed1958

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Came for the weekened with the husband, and their pie is out of this world! There isn't much in Julian as far as food goes but this place is worth a stop.

2  Thank lauren b
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Opens at 8a. We arrived at 730am and waited for it to open. Smells delicious! Don't forget to ask for melted cheddar cheese for an authentic take on apple pie

1  Thank TruthfulGal
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The pie here truly deserves its accolades. We enjoyed the piece we had for lunch so much, we bought a whole pie and took it back to vacation home for breakfast.
A good variety of pies but the original with cinnamon ice cream was my fave.

1  Thank CarocheBabe
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The drive to Julian is well worth it. Best apple pie in southern California. Always a busy place...be patient...pie is very delicious.